Help!

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know this is a photo forum but Ive Googled and I can not find a walk through what I'm looking for.

I want to make a cut out for my son's teacher and put her name and have the children's faces making her name, kind of like a cut out.

I have done this before with the word Grandma and put the grand kids but I dont remember what it is called to search for a tutorial in Gimp.

I lost my photoshop due to a computer crash, so I only have Gimp

Thanks so much in advance

....I lost my photoshop due to a computer crash, so I only have Gimp......
:scratch: Computer crashes don't erase applications.

Well, they do if your hard drive fails, or a virus can be more work to remove than to format and start over. But that doesn't erase the CD if thats what your getting at!

Well, they do if your hard drive fails, or a virus can be more work to remove than to format and start over. But that doesn't erase the CD if thats what your getting at!

I think the point was that computer crashes don't eliminate the program completely if you own a legitimate copy of the application. :D

I think the point was that computer crashes don't eliminate the program completely if you own a legitimate copy of the application. :D

Which 90% of people don't.

And even in *that* case you can get it back the same way you got it in the first place.... not that I CONDONE that... As much as I really REALLY want photoshop... I'm still using GIMP because I won't do that for a number of reasons. :lol:

I'll get a legit copy of Elements soon enough so I can ditch the GIMP.... gotta save for other things first... :lmao:

:salute:

A computer crash, is not a hard drive failure, is not a virus. ;)

Adobe says 33% of their software that is installed on computers is stolen, which is why honest people pay $699 for PS/CS5 or $199 to upgrade to PS/CS5.

Those out there that have stolen copies of Photoshop, should really wonder how Adobe knows that. Think about it!

It is painful how expensive the program is ... I'm still using my student edition of CS3 that I bought while in college.

A computer crash, is not a hard drive failure, is not a virus. ;)

People that are savy or in the industry realize this, but to many if your monitor is unplugged and you can't see your desktop, your computer has crashed! I work in the engineering side at a cable company now, but I used to do service work in people homes. Lets just say, the world is full of not-so-bright people. :lol:

It is painful how expensive the program is ... I'm still using my student edition of CS3 that I bought while in college.
Then you actually have CS3 Extended, Student Edition, right?

Well, the good news is you can upgrade to CS5 for only $199 or you can upgrade to CS5 Extended for just $349.

And even in *that* case you can get it back the same way you got it in the first place.... not that I CONDONE that... As much as I really REALLY want photoshop... I'm still using GIMP because I won't do that for a number of reasons. :lol:

I'll get a legit copy of Elements soon enough so I can ditch the GIMP.... gotta save for other things first... :lmao:

I can't justify the cost of CS5 either and felt limited by Elements. Went with Corel's Paintshop Photo Pro X3 and quite happy so far. Give it a try -- there's a free 30 day trial, so nothing to lose.

Pirated software bugs me... although I can't help thinking that a good chunk of the pirates will buy a licensed copy if PS CS wasn't so absurdly expensive. Maybe I'm being naive... I'm sure Adobe has a bunch of highly paid finance/economics folks figuring out the optimal pricing to make the most money.

I had a legit copy. The computer was old, the photoshop I had was probably at LEAST 8 years old, thinking back from my son's birth. I've been through 7 moves in 8 years (thanks military) and stuff gets lost/misplaced stored in boxes behind boxes, thrown away. I never had a problem ONE on that computer and then one day my 7 YO son goes and downloads some kind of "cheat code generator" arggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! and phizzzzzzzzzzzzzit. Everything was lost. It was cheaper at that point to just buy a new computer, considering I had an over 8 year old computer. So after all those moves, I'm sure the Photoshop disk just kind of went into a "Dont need right now" office supply box. At one point I moved from a 2700 sq foot home into an 800 sq foot apartment for 5 months, much stuff was misplaced during that stage, we stored some here and there, friends garages, parents houses, so......

Either way I would still need a tutorial on how to do it to refresh my memory.

And before anyone goes and tells me I can call them, blah blah blah... yea, tried that, they couldn't find me.

It was a gift from an old boyfriend, so I'm not pressing the fact of how much it cost either....

Gimp works for me now, I have 3 kids, live on a military pay, I don't work outside the home....

So now onto my original question....
Does anyone know I should google for a tutorial?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back