dj-cline

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So i took another photo.
give me some Advise,tips.

I couldnt seem to get the first dial quite in focus,
so i cropped it, so the first dial was more in focus.

PHOTOZZ144.jpg

It looks out of focus, even on the obvious focal point. Letters and numbers on the focal point should be crisp, IMO.

I'm curious, why you chose ISO 1600?

Edit: Nvm, this explains it...

# Exposure Mode = auto exposure (0)
# White Balance = auto (0)

Aside from the "focal point" being out of focus, I would have liked to it moved more towards one of the power points (see the wiki for rule of thirds). The most likely one would be the lower left hand intersection. Decrease the ISO, get better lighting, and work on the focus and it'll be a much better photo.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds

Nice colors. Looks like you were too close to your object for the ability of your lens, other wise pretty good. ISO1600 is pretty high - was the decision intentional? Meaning, is the visual noise an intentional element? I think it can be used intentionally for artistic purpose, but I don't think it's useful here.

Auto mode typically picks the focus points for you, in this case it didn't do a good job. Use manual focus for close-up shots, its a lot easier.

The descent-into-blur is a popular choice when shooting soundboards, nothing wrong with it. It is supposed to evoke those long nights, often drug & liquor-fueled, of recording and mixing an album ...but this one is too shallow. You need to leave a little more in focus for the viewer to understand what s/he is looking at.

Most reactions

Back