Holga?

J.Kendall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was looking at one a while back, but ended up sticking to my 35mm for a while. Now I'm back to the window, and I was wondering what anyone on here thought of them?

What is it about them that appeals to you?

As far as I can tell there are a lot of better cameras for about the same money but if you really want the Holga look they're what, $30? Go for it. :)

There's no real settings (sure you can guess the focus and there's 2 different apertures on the current 120N), so I don't think it's something to compare to a "normal" 35mm camera, and definitely not an SLR. For the fun "not REALLY knowing exactly what results you'll get" and often strange/artsy results, they're great. They're a blast to play with, and super cheap ($28 + film). Get one.

144120 Lomography Holga 120N Medium Format Fixed Focus Camera with Lens

the quality of 120 film also aids in your amount of good shots, you usually get good exposures, as long as you relatively know what your doing. Its a fun camera, and yes the anticipation of not knowing the result is fun.

Thanks for that guys. That was most of the appeal to me, not knowing exactly how they're going to turn out.

Most reactions

Back