HOOVER DAM

PhotoJoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
If you haven't been, you must go see this marvel of human audacity. It truly is amazing.

hooverdam_a.jpg

hooverdam_i.jpg

hooverdam_jj.jpg

hooverdam_d.jpg

hooverdam_l.jpg

hooverdam_m.jpg

hooverdam_p.jpg

hooverdam_g.jpg

hooverdam_w.jpg

Hmm... I'll add to my list of places I want to go visit..... I think I'm going to need a new toilet paper roll though... this one is full...

You have some nice angles. I love the first four and the last one.... The one on the escalator is cool also. Thanks for sharing with us.

I'm not sure what a "human audacity" is, but the dam is truly one of the 7 marvels of the world. Great angles of a familiar subject!

I hate to say that I have never been to the dam, although I have been to Vegas more than once. (always without my camera). The local camera store has brochures for a four day photo tour to tune of 600 dollars. Can you just pay admission and walk around with a camera and tripod all day? Does the price of admission include motor rooms and all that happy stuff?

the escalators one i think is the best one. i like how the esclator looks out of place with the rocks and the sky

Where those fairly recent pics? I went there a couple of times when I was younger and loved it, but I heard they stopped the tours following 9/11. I'd love to go back, but I wasn't sure if the tours were running again.

The dam is open to visitors, and the tours are being conducted. It really is something to see. The only thing that you need to pay for is if you go down to the generator room near the base of the dam. Everything else is free and open for all to see and photograph. It actually kind of surprised me that they didn't care about people taking excessive photos of the structure, but who knows, maybe I was being watched. I kind of hope that I was. That would be more reassuring.

craig said:
I hate to say that I have never been to the dam, although I have been to Vegas more than once. (always without my camera). The local camera store has brochures for a four day photo tour to tune of 600 dollars. Can you just pay admission and walk around with a camera and tripod all day? Does the price of admission include motor rooms and all that happy stuff?

I used to live in Las Vegas, and I found you get the best deals if you look in the local yellow pages. I think that you can take a day trip down to the Dam for 30-40 bucks. But this was a couple of years ago, but its worth looking at. I think for 60 you get the full "Hard Hat" tour - you even keep the hat :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back