How do I get this on GIMP??? Thanks in advance...

Upgrade to photoshop, light room, or adobe bridge. But those are saturation process that are used in the photo. It was given an antique feel that is very easy to create.
Yes, upgrading to the expensive software will solve all her problems, what with Photoshop's excellent help files and all.

There is nothing wrong with the gimp, and the great thing about it is all the tutorials you can find online with a simple search.

The only hard part to answer your question here is that you can achieve either of those results a variety of ways. It mostly depends on preference of tools, and just how complex you want to get with it :p

Thank guys...I'll play around, see what I can get done :p

Upgrade to photoshop, light room, or adobe bridge. But those are saturation process that are used in the photo. It was given an antique feel that is very easy to create.

Neither Bridge nor Lightroom allows for layer editing (although Lightroom can be used to achieve many interesting color effects on one layer, which I think could help toward this style).

I found myself in a similar spot when I started into "serious" photography. I didn't want to steal Photoshop, but I couldn't afford it. GIMP was really overwhelming at first, but I just chose things I wanted to do with it and found tutorial on Google. Photoshop vs. Gimp is an eternal argument (Nikon vs. Canon, anyone?), but I have found GIMP to be able to do what I need it to. I now use it to do my heavy lifting while using Lightroom for ninety-nine percent of my processing work (they can be piggybacked neatly). I actually got a Photoshop Elements license with a negative scanner, and I don't care for it much at all. Photoshop has a few features that GIMP just doesn't offer, but if you are willing to put the time in (and let's be honest, Photoshop isn't remotely user-friendly either), it can be a great solution.

Neither Bridge nor Lightroom allows for layer editing (although Lightroom can be used to achieve many interesting color effects on one layer, which I think could help toward this style).

I found myself in a similar spot when I started into "serious" photography. I didn't want to steal Photoshop, but I couldn't afford it. GIMP was really overwhelming at first, but I just chose things I wanted to do with it and found tutorial on Google. Photoshop vs. Gimp is an eternal argument (Nikon vs. Canon, anyone?), but I have found GIMP to be able to do what I need it to. I now use it to do my heavy lifting while using Lightroom for ninety-nine percent of my processing work (they can be piggybacked neatly). I actually got a Photoshop Elements license with a negative scanner, and I don't care for it much at all. Photoshop has a few features that GIMP just doesn't offer, but if you are willing to put the time in (and let's be honest, Photoshop isn't remotely user-friendly either), it can be a great solution.
Wow, we finally agree on something :p

I'm curious, what does Gimp not have that Photoshop does? I've been trying to figure that out and haven't really come up with anything that I feel I miss. (Used to have access to CS3) The only thing I missed was having a High Pass filter, and I found one of those to download, for free.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back