How do you handle proofs and final prints?

roxysmom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering how everyone handles getting the bride and groom proofs after the wedding? I took 600 pictures at a wedding on Saturday and I'm cleaning up my top 100 that I want to use as proofs. Should I print them out then put them in a book. Or should I give them a small pictures in a spiral bound book?

Where do most people order albums from? How about development of final images?

Finally what type of mark-ups do you do on pricing? Is 100% mark-up a fair amount?

Thanks for any help!

I upload them to a private gallery for online viewing. They save their favorites to an album and email it to me for their book selection.

and markup 100% + is definitely fair :)

your mark up has to include the time you spend creating or setting up the images for print + any expenses you have...... if you print a 6 x 4 for 10c you're not going to make anything selling for 20c are you?

I typically give them around 500 photos, via Collages.Net. Even though I give the couple a disc, I get a lot of reprints from family and out of towners.
Proofbooks are fine though. But keep in mind, a proofbook will run you about $60 bucks and I don't have any idea what you charged the couple.
The markup on albums is 4x for the less expensive ones, and 3x for the high dollar ones. (I can only charge what the market will bear). My completed albums run from $680 for a 10x10 Asuka 30 side to $2100 for a 30 side 9x12 Graphi Studio Album.
Some great album makers are:
www.asukabook.com
www.graphistudio.com
www.albumsunlimited.com
www.artleather.com
Hope that helps!

I checked out the Graphi Studio ones and might get a sample kit. they do work in the UK too which is good :)

Sloooooow but fantastic! They just dropped pricing back to 50 percent too. Gotta Love That. Now it's the same price as Art Leather!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back