how does this IR look?

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
nothing much to the scene, closest place i could find to play with IR.
here's a color version:

49371227-O.jpg

IR: is it close? (yeah, i know i need to find a better scene to play with :p

49407995-O.jpg

thanks for helping :)

Hey Chris, I didn't know we shared the same last name till now.. cool! howdy cousin! If I remember right, my great great great great great Grandfather came here from the Manchester area in the 1700's.

still see the X in the second shot JM.

It the RED X this really green then you need a good job:lmao: ,That reminds me, have ½ roll in the camera that needs to be finished out

well... you did darn a good job! I see a wonderful red X! I've no clue how you got red x in IR photography! :D

sorry guys. i was showing scoob about smugmug last night...seems i need to learn a little more ;)

I love how the IR picks up on the hanging branches of the Willow!:thumbup:

Looks good. The only thing I'm not sure about is the highlighted branche of the tree behind? I haven't noticed them that bright in the other IR shots I've seen before. But then, I've never tried IR................yet! :lol:

I'd say it is pretty close, I would however burn the side of the house/building a bit.

BTW I have found the best way to burn an image that you are going to convert to B&W is to not use the burn tool in PS. Just create a new blank layer on top of your color image and paint over it with a soft brush, using black with the opacity for the brush set at 10%. It will be very subtle. I often repeat this using many layers. This will give you full control as you can then adjust the opacity of each layer or even delete a layer or two to get it just right.

Yay! I see you're using the IR filter. I know I have a limited knowledge of photography but I'm impressed. I like both photos! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back