How easily do screens scratch?

SuzukiGS750EZ

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, curious how easily the Canon 5D IV screen scratches? I've had an 80D for 4 years, but I can rotate in the display. Obviously not so with the 5D IV. I have a screen protector coming but want to use the camera at a baseball game and dirt/sand will be in the air.

I got a new 5DSr a couple of years ago and scratched the screen in the first week or two of having it. I dunno how it happened either.

I want to use it but afraid to scratch the screen until I get a protector on it lol

I take the screen protectors off, since 2003. Never scratched a screen.

Reactions: pez
Yes, all 11 of the dslr cameras that I have bought since 2001 have come with a factory Supplied screen protector.

Yes, all 11 of the dslr cameras that I have bought since 2001 have come with a factory Supplied screen protector.
Unless it's cut perfectly to the screen, the 5D IV doesn't have one from factory

I don't have one, never really worried about it either. But I do view cameras and lenses as tools, and tools get scratched from time to time. Unless you are really careless and get a big, deep scratch, it won't affect functionality.

I take the screen protectors off, since 2003. Never scratched a screen.
It comes with one on there out of the box?!

Unless it's cut perfectly to the screen, the 5D IV doesn't have one from factory

Canon saved 50 cents for you by not furnishing one!

Hmmmmmmmmmm, none of the ones I've bought have, the most recent being the 5Dsr, the one I scratched.

Mind you the fact it was rolling around in the boot (trunk) of my car with a dose of other loose crap might have something to do with how the damage was caused.:D:D

I have never scratched a screen in forty years......

Reactions: pez
Make that 2 now for me. I just took an instrument screwdriver to the screen of my old 7D just to see how hard/easy it was to damage. Just at the edge mind and it did take a wee bit of pressure to mark it.

My hand did slipped and caused a bigger scratch than I'd intended but nothing that will interfere with the viewing. Don't use it nowadays anyhow. Stupid is as stupid does:D

Make that 2 now for me. I just took an instrument screwdriver to the screen of my old 7D just to see how hard/easy it was to damage. Just at the edge mind and it did take a wee bit of pressure to mark it.

My hand did slipped and caused a bigger scratch than I'd intended but nothing that will interfere with the viewing. Don't use it nowadays anyhow. Stupid is as stupid does:D
All in the name of science I guess, right?

All in the name of science I guess, right?

Nah, just ne being a bit of a **ck:D

Most reactions

Back