How is this shot?

kdrep

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sorry if this is the wrong forum...
I have taken a high school photography class so I know the basics but I've never had the patience for true photography... LOL. But I got these two shots the other day near Seaside, Oregon and thought they were ok. What do you think?
-If this makes any difference, it was taken with a Canon Powershot A560 digital cam-

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

My camera setting was on Manual. I tried to retrieve the aperture/iso/shutter speed info and could not. There was no tripod. It was an overcast day that day, but it was still pretty bright.

Shutter Speed = 1/20s
Aperture = f/2.6
ISO = 80

Shutter Speed = 1/30s
Aperture = f/2.6
ISO = 80

:thumbup:

LOL thanks!:thumbup:
I can adjust my ISO but I can't with my shutter speed or aperture.

The shots show what could be a very interesting place..

But, I don't really see what the subject is other than snapshots of a site you visited..

Exposure seems OK at this compression...........but neither tells me a story or compels me to spend any time looking around the frame.... Perhaps a different composition or perspective would have been more pleasing..

Why titled "How is this shot?" Do I win anything for guessing correctly?

Leave a bit of space between images so they don't run together on the page. Numbering them is really helpful for others to identify which image they are critiqueing.

Thanks for the comments!
Sherman..
LOL. I just realized how the title sounds. Sorry haha.

:), I just realized how you meant it.

You're near Seaside and this is what you found to shoot? Go to the beach and get some of those rugged cliffs, or people shoot on the strip! You managed to take photos of stuff that could be anywhere. There is some beautiful scenery around there, take advantage of it. You're off to a good start. Learn the fundamentals of exposure inside and out if you want to get great shots, it's worth the time and energy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back