How much do you have invested into photography?

Conner41

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just making small talk.

So, how much have you spent on all your photography equipment?

Maybe a total of 500.00 on everything i have.
Perhaps i should list it all.

Cameras: Canon AE-1, Canon A-1, Canon AE-1 Program, Canon T-70, CHINON CP-7M, Canon 350D, Sony MHS-CM1, Sanyo VPC-5880: All mint working condition.

Lens: Canon 50mm 1:1.8, Tamron 28-200mm 1:3.8-5.6, Vivitar 28mm 1:2.8,Canon 70-180mm F4.5 Zoom, Canon Extension tube FD 50, Canon 28-80mm 3.5-5.6 II EF, Canon EF 75-300mm 4-5.6, Five Star MC Auto Zoom 35-75mm: All mint working condition.

Misc: Nice Canon camera bag, 2 other large bags got free, Understanding exposure book, Light seal replacement kit, couple of extra AE-1's and A-1's for parts. Film/processing not included.

Last edited:
Well many things come and go, but just my current kit, including a backup rebel t1i, and not counting little odds and ends like filters,batts,memory cards, I am probably around $7700

So far for a 60D, lenses, class 10 32gb SD cards and other accesories $3,800.

Should we include books, DVDs, computer stuff used for processing, film and prints - like EVERYTHING? Or are we just talking cameras, lenses, lights, backgrounds, stands, clamps, light modifiers, etc.?

I think Im probably around $3500.

Oh wait, Buckster has a good point. Where do we draw the line, since I forgot about books, editting software, viewing hardware etc.

WAY more than I ever expected to. Even buying used gear isn't cheap when it comes to fast glass and speedlights. Breaking even by the end of this year would be awesome.

Close to $5k if we're including software and other materials.

As far as gear that I shoot with currently, probably about $6000

Substantially more than I can justify with either income or talent.

But I'm having fun! :sexywink:

Not over $1000.00. That's the 350d, two Canon kit lenses, one Sigma lens, and accessories.

For cameras, lenses, lights and other directly-related photo gear, probably about $30,000

With film, prints, learning and processing stuff associated with my photographic pursuits over the past 40 years or so, figure another $10,000 easily.

And I guess another few thousand on antique cameras that just sit there looking pretty to inspire me. ;)

I was just counting bodies, lenses, speedlites, extension tubes, and teleconverters.

Also, just current kit, I have probably spent close to 10k if you count selling off stuff at a loss.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back