how much for a used D40x?

jackieclayton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mominmarianas.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
never thought i'd say this... because i love this freaking camera... but i never use it anymore since i have the D700... and i have someone who is interested in buying it.... but how much should i let it go for? Great condition, 18-55mm and 55-200mm lens, filters, extra battery, camera bag...

i looked on ebay for a price but i get a wide range of prices and have no idea what they are going for... i was thinking about $500-$600 for it all, but i don't know if thats too high or too low....

can anyone help?!

500 seems pretty fair to me. 18-55 (non-vr) usually runs about 60 used, 55-200 about 100. D40x - 300-350. You have extra in filters bag, batter, etc...but as a buyer that wouldn't mean squat to me. You could keep that extra stuff in my opinion. Point being that I'm not sure if it would add to your value. If it's a friend, I'd ask for $500. If it's just some random person, ask 600 and see if they are interested....worst they can do is offer you less.

Thanks guys! I'll keep it at $500. Yes, its a friend that is interested so I'll ask $500. Ya, I was just going to throw in those filters, bag, and battery in with the camera and lenses because I won't have the need for them without the D40x. I wouldn't charge for them, they aren't top of the line accessories or anything like that... lol. Thanks again for your help!

Most reactions

Back