Reaction score
Website
www.pictureperfectny.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all,
found this interesting site through craigslist NY
www.mutualshops.com
It really sounds too good to be true and probably is but if anyone knows otherwise, care to share?
Thanks

The domain name registered in Oct 17 2009 <--- So new!!

Admin/Tech/Billing email address for the domain name is [email protected] <-- not too good

No company name nor physical address associate with the domain name registration<-- NO NO

Website most likely hosted in US with server located in Seattle owned by SoftLayer Technologies in TX <-- better

But the IP address of the site is used by "Zhengzhou DaHuang network development limited company" in ZhengZhou China <-- Point to an company in China, not a subsidiary in US. hum ..

So based on the above information, I do not think I will buy stuff from them. It doesn't mean they are scammer. It just that I do not trust an operation like this.

From their FAQ
www.mutualshops.com

Aside from the lack of capitol I and the broken english used (two big giveaways that they are not professional)
There is this:

-- What is the Payment method?
* Western Union

Western union is great for sending money to friends, family and known people, but not to an unkown shop, because its possible to be untraceable by using WU (and other wire transfer methods). Any legitimate firm will use more normal methods, paypal (though this is also not 100% safe), credit cards etc...

PS they do have a neat little paypal verified sticker on the bottom of the site, but with WU standing out there I would not deal with them

Looks like the operate another site called www.eleckingdom.com or they copy the content of the other site.

This one is few weeks old.

They both have the same "Success stories". And for a domain name just registered few weeks ago, they can have so many "Success stories"!!!

thanks guys!
love their prices though - wish they were real :D

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share with everyone that this site and MANY others are all a SCAM.

eleckingdom.com
mutualshops.com
treasure-shop.com
steadysale.com
electrading.com
right-stores.com
loyal-shop.com
happyuse.com
favorstores.com
blue-stores.com
buy-send.com
holytrade.com
parity.com
eleckingdom.com
direct-buye.com

These sites are all identical to www.treasure-shop.com and it is ran by the same people out of China.

Here is my review for www.treasure-shop.com

This is a website based out of China. They appear to have really fantastic prices on all kinds of goods. They say the are a foreign exchange company and ship directly. They do NOT accept paypal. Once you send money, they collect it and NEVER ship your merchandise.

They said they were having weather problems at first, then they said it was hung up in customs, then they just stopped communication at all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back