Hellrot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.connerallred.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all,

So I have been asked to do something I hate, two things actually. Take pictures of people, and take them at night.

All I have (unless my stepdad lets me borrow one of his flashes) is the flash built onto the D90. We're taking pictures at the SLC temple because they have amazing christmas lights; so how do I take pictures of these guys without drowning out the lights with the flash I have?

Now, If I can get a different flash, what is the best way to do this? OR. I do have a tripod, should I do a long exposure and use the flash while they're in the frame?

#1 - frame your subjects, don't cut limbs (fingers, heads, toes). unless you're going 3/4 length, or 1/2 length
#2 - light your subjects not the tree. Long exposures - HOW LONG - 1/10second? - your subjects might move. 1/30, 1/15 - maybe, a lot depends on subject. IF you'll be doing that, then shoot with flash OFF camera in CLS with builtin just setting off the speedlyte. See if it'll work in "rear curtain" - I'm not sure if CLS allows that, don't remember.
good luck

Most reactions

New Topics

Back