How to post-lit photos in Photoshop?

TeomanDemirhan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416733222.642324.jpg

Hello, the photo I have shared above belongs to Uğur Sezer. It does not belong to me. The picture is before-after, post-process in photoshop. I wanted to know what you all were thinking about the process and steps in photoshop.

Greetings! According to the forum rules, you are not allowed to post a photograph for which you do not own the copyright.

I do not use Photoshop, but fixing the exposure in "post" is something that most of us do.

Also, please do not post your question in more than one thread.

What it looks like he did was increase the exposure over all, make the wb much warmer, add a fairly heavy negative vignette and do some sharpening.
(Perhaps selective brightening on female)

What it looks like he did was increase the exposure over all, make the wb much warmer, add a fairly heavy negative vignette and do some sharpening.
(Perhaps selective brightening on female)

I don't think it's a negative or reverse vignette because the bottom of the image has some normal vignette added.

Dodging and burning could have been used to selectively lighten or darken parts of the image.

I see a fake "fog/flare" effect applied to the upper part. Fake blur added to the lower area. White balance has been warmed up a bit, hues shifted a bit. See the green moss on the tree roots? The original has a fairly natural green hue; the after picture has the typical Photoshop green colors many people see today.

I like the "after" version only because the original is pretty ugly. The fake fog/flare look is huge in the Little Lusker series of Photoshop actions...they have a gazillion options to create fake fog/lens flare/haze/dreamy effects. The faked glare on the pond's surface looks pretty heavy-handed, but then this is his artistic expression, and many people would not be able to spot the fakery and heavy effects, so...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back