How to Shoot a Mountain Biker on Snow?

Nice shots!!

In #4 it would be nice to see some of the launch and/or landing to give some perspective to the shot.

Cheers

Without reading the other comments, my suggestion would be a 12 gauge autoloader with BBB buckshot. That will certainly knock him down but you may have to use another shot to finish him off.

You're really lucky to get a shot at one; I've always wanted to but its illegal around here.
Don't try cooking them; they're a beast to clean. Just have the head mounted.
rofl

Nice shots!!

In #4 it would be nice to see some of the launch and/or landing to give some perspective to the shot.

Cheers

Funny you should mention that, out of 223 shots they chose that one to use for advertising the mountain bike park... I didn't see that coming...

Your technique has definitely improved!

My only criticism is that they still look to be the tiniest bit underexposed. If you can, try bumping up the exposure compensation an extra third of a stop. In Photoshop, duplicate the layer, set the blend mode to "Screen" and then reduce the opacity to about 20%. That will brighten it up as well.

But as I said, it's only a tiny bit, and that's just my taste. You've got the technique nailed down very well.

Funny you should mention that, out of 223 shots they chose that one to use for advertising the mountain bike park... I didn't see that coming...

That was just my opinion, and the actual shot is well captured. Maybe they are thinking of using it for summer bike park adverts, as you can't tell the season from the pic.

Cheers

Maybe they are thinking of using it for summer bike park adverts, as you can't tell the season from the pic.

Cheers

Exactly what they wanted it for, guess they didn't get good ones last summer... Either way, I'm pretty happy about it. The photog from the newspaper was actually at the race that day, and there was a picture on the cover of the sports page of my passing a guy in the air. I think I'd be more excited if one of my shots got printed, but I'm alright with that.

And Tiberius47, I do see what you mean, especially in the last one. I only did a small amount of editing between RAW and JPEG, so I will definetly give your idea a try. Thanks for fully explaining what to do, because I don't get around Photoshop too well!

Most reactions

Back