Orange Jelly Fungus + Snow

1WFlora

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Snow... well, the light snow we got.
But I'm glad we got it because many I like how these came out, the bright orange on the white snow, even just a little bit looks so good in my opinion.
IMG_9101_edited.jpg

IMG_9102_edited.jpg

IMG_9109_edited.jpg

Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Your shots look decent enough, but do lack a bit of impact. It's mainly down to the composition being a little jumbled and rather flat lighting. The depth of field is a bit shallow as well, and there's no real reason for it to be oof in the forground.

I think you could improve on these by thinking about how to lead a viewers eye through the image, balance, and how lighting can be used to create a focal point.

These type of macro shots can be really difficult to pull off well, and somtimes real life just doesn't translate well to two dimensions.

I will say I like the colors and can see why you were attracted to the scene. The orange works well on the tree trunk and the greenish background.

But as noted above, my eyes had trouble finding a clear subject with details to focus on. The second shot is a bit better in that respect.

Sometimes when the contrast is even through out, a camera can have a hard time distinguishing the subject and maybe that's what happened here. Looks like witches butter to me.

I appreciate the feedback my friends, I will say it is a very hard picture to concentrate on.
There is a lot going on.
@K9Kirk, you may be right, I'm not too fluent in mushroom I.D. and may have thought wrong, they both look very similar.
@jeffashman, If I am being 100% honest with you I'm not entirely sure.
Just kinda figured out what EXIF info is and I am not sure how to access it.

Here's a link to witches' butter.
Also, if you 'right click' on a picture you will get a pop-up. Then, click 'details' at the top, you will see the exif info. and you can scroll down to see it all. I forget the procedure for making sure your exif shows up along with pictures you post but there's help online for that in case it isn't showing up. One thing about exif, it lets people know that it's your pic and not someone else's, so people like seeing it. Have a great day!

Here's a link to witches' butter.
Also, if you 'right click' on a picture you will get a pop-up. Then, click 'details' at the top, you will see the exif info. and you can scroll down to see it all. I forget the procedure for making sure your exif shows up along with pictures you post but there's help online for that in case it isn't showing up. One thing about exif, it lets people know that it's your pic and not someone else's, so people like seeing it. Have a great day!
I will look into that, thank you my friend.

Most reactions

Back