How to shoot like this

A very clean fish tank with black paper along the back of it. There is a flash not exactly sure where its positioned.

My opinion...

id say photoshop for the background

This type of shot is achieved in a completely black room, lit with a strobe. The camera will be on bulb mode. To trigger the flash, they probably used a IR trigger, or a sound trigger.
Here is how it works:
They open the shutter of the camera, but since the room is black, no light is recorded. Then they drop the lemon into the water, and when it makes a noise, the sound trigger will trip the strobes, and recording the image.

Anyway of asking the erson who shot it? I'd like to know how it was done too... I'm pretty sure that there was some hefty photoshop done to eliminate the extra water... You can tell from the way the water-surface disappears...

I dont think ti was photoshopped nearly as much as people think. I just think that since the background is black and the water is perfectly level with the camera, that it seems invisible since the water is undisturbed... IMO

I dont think ti was photoshopped nearly as much as people think. I just think that since the background is black and the water is perfectly level with the camera, that it seems invisible since the water is undisturbed... IMO
I agree.

Ok, maybe not photoshopped a tone, but the water-level is visible infront of the object, and disappears to the sides... You can always see the water level in aquariums.

Ok, maybe not photoshopped a tone, but the water-level is visible infront of the object, and disappears to the sides... You can always see the water level in aquariums.
True, but easy to clone out. ;)

Yes, aquariums the water is moving, if the water is perfectly motionless and the camera is at eye level, there is no surface for light to reflect off...

But ya, water does create a curvature when it touches the walls which is a surface to reflect off.... just stating opinion lol

Yes, aquariums the water is moving, if the water is perfectly motionless and the camera is at eye level, there is no surface for light to reflect off...

But ya, water does create a curvature when it touches the walls which is a surface to reflect off.... just stating opinion lol

That's not an opinion, that's a bonafide fact! Learned it in 6th grade science class.lol :)

True, but easy to clone out. ;)

True enough! But I'd imaging that there would also be air bubbles, possibly reflections, etc. But I know what you mean... I just like to argue :mrgreen:

That's not an opinion, that's a bonafide fact! Learned it in 6th grade science class.lol :)

Yes. I do believe it is called the miniscus, lol! :greenpbl:

True enough! But I'd imaging that there would also be air bubbles, possibly reflections, etc. But I know what you mean... I just like to argue :mrgreen:
Really? Me TOO!:lmao:

Ever considered that you're missing the obvious? Shine a flash down a long tube and it would not illuminate the bubbles, the waves nothing.

I put it out there that this image can be made with no photoshop at all under the right conditions. Just careful control of light, which is exactly what is needed to get a high speed shot like this in the first place.

I'd have to agree with Garbz. Can be done with minimal to no PS.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back