How to Summer | Ice Cream | Sun

Actually the on board flash is very useful for this. I use it all the time. Check to see if your camera allows power adjustments to the flash. If you have that feature, you can lower the full blast of the flash to something that is hardly noticeable but enough to fill in a little when the background is lit more than the face.

Seeing some strange colour action on the face.

Actually the on board flash is very useful for this. I use it all the time. Check to see if your camera allows power adjustments to the flash. If you have that feature, you can lower the full blast of the flash to something that is hardly noticeable but enough to fill in a little when the background is lit more than the face.

Oh it is adjustable. I just hate the catchlights and sterile-look to on board flash.

Jake

I do however disagree about the framing and blown hair highlights. How could I have improved the composition? I didn't clip anything obvious, I filled the frame, etc.

She is off to one side -, imo, and her face is very flat and underexposed.
This edit is far from ideal but I think she looks better centered in the frame and with more color and contrast.

sunllll.jpg

Most reactions

Back