How to take pictures like these?

Kinda off topic, but I thought it was bad for your sensor to shoot directly into the sun?

Have you tried metering from the foreground? If you just point your camera to the sky, it will read that there's too much light and the foreground will be dark.\

Try pointing your camera to the things in the foreground first, lock exposure and recompose the picture. See if that works.

see the below webpage,
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...i-have-4-pictures-1-view-can-anyone-edit.html

That is my own thread about metering and HDR. what is your idea bout that?

I didn't realize you wanted an HDR photo. HDR, unfortunately, is a foreign concept to me.

I was saying that if you have your camera pointed towards the sun, your camera will read all that light and turn everything else dark. But if you point your camera "to the ground" and take your meter reading from "the shadows", then you'll have the foreground better exposed.

Look up split ND filters and graduated ND filters.......and photoshop

Kinda off topic, but I thought it was bad for your sensor to shoot directly into the sun?
It depends how long the exposure is.

Camera manuals list pointing the camera at the Sun as a safety hazard because the lens can and viewfinder can focus the Suns rays like a magnifing glass does, and start a fire.

A long exposure with the Sun in the frame can overheat that part of the image sensor the Suns image is being projected onto by the lens.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but with the aperture closed down, and as long as it would take to capture these shots, I don't think it would burn the sensor.

Most reactions

Back