I don't do sunsets

FOTO-GRAFFIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
fotograffic.fpic.co.uk
I was looking back through some images I took several years ago and found this - so i just wanted to share it - I don't do sunsets

Evening-Flight-IMG_0694.jpg

Comment if you want - I hope you enjoy

Looks like you made a big mistake for not taking sunset photos. Maybe this is not really a sunset and the sky just turned that color due to smog or smoke. We used too get great sunset in Santiago due to the smog.

Nice photo. Do you do sunrises?

henryhurrry said:
Looks like you made a big mistake for not taking sunset photos. Maybe this is not really a sunset and the sky just turned that color due to smog or smoke. We used too get great sunset in Santiago due to the smog.

Nice photo. Do you do sunrises?

Here in the UK we get very few great sunsets - this was shot from a local cemetary and these was no fog, smog or smoke, when I heard a flock of geese descending on a local lake - I missed them as I was not in the right position for the sun but I got the next flight - Now sunrises are something else - much harder to get right as the light is totally different and changes so rapidly. There is one I do want to take and that is a sunrise across London from Parliment Hill Fields> You cn't get a sunset fom there as you are then facing away from London. One day I'll go there and shoot it

we get some decent sunsets down here in the south west (sometimes)..... but this is a real nice capture.... the flock of geese make the shot, good stuff :thumbup:

I really like this one because of the flock of geese
excellent capture

Now your just showing off Ray, and with a shot that good I would be as well !!

Now I know you and you know me, but I was wondering Ray, just what was you doing in a local cemetary?? Don't tell me you have a DARKSIDE as well ?;)

Wow, that really is a cool shot with the geese silhouetted against the sun like that. Well captured.

Thanks everyone for your comments - not sure if it was a landscape or a wildlife so you pays your money and takes your choise.
I have to admit the image is made by the flock of Canadian Geese but also by the resolution and focusing power of the lens I was using. The Dark areas top and bottem is the tree I was shooting throught at about 60-80ft, the geese were about 300mtrs and the sun about 93million miles (give or take a bit) so the lens performed very well I think.
Andy you say I'm showing off - when next we meet I'll tell you wwhat this images has won and where it has been - do you remember the person who applied for the job with the stage DRESS sence, well they hate this image because ------ well I'll tell you later.

I was not doing anything wrong in the cemetary - well no one complained - It's a very beautiful chuch that dates back to the 16th century and inside it is so full of character - outside it's full of dead people. No Andy I do not have a dark side - but I have an impressive collection of coffin handles

FOTO-GRAFFIC said:
do you remember the person who applied for the job with the stage DRESS sence, well they hate this image because ------ well I'll tell you later.

I think I know who you mean :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I've not seen that person for a while, do you still meet up on monday nights at the club ;)

lostprophet said:
I think I know who you mean :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I've not seen that person for a while, do you still meet up on monday nights at the club ;)

Careful what you say - people will get the wrong impression.
As for the club we are on summer break and no I haven't seen them for some time but basically the image got into the Southern England print fianl and it got max points all judges giving it 10's a bit of the ole Torval & Deane, and this particular person questioned how it was taken as their entry, from another club got straight 3's across the board - sour grape well more like baked prunes. Anyway if I see them i'll tell them to pop in as you may have a position for them (careful what you say next)

What a fantastic photo :D I love the colours and the geese are a nice touch. You should do more sunsets :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back