I guess I just joined during the transition. A little disappointed.

RyanG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't understand what happened. I used to be able to see my old posts, of which I had 8 in the old software. Now I can't find where they are and when I look it says I have only 1 conversation which is my welcome message. Before I could ask a question and then get back a few days later and now it seems the messages get lost in time. How do I get back to my old posts?

Sorry, but I did this to see what my info box looked like. It says above that I have 9 messages but when I click on that number only 2 conversations show up. Did the new software trash the old history when t hey updated?

I'm going to say that, well, it did something to them. I know that I can't search for my old threads at all.

Conversations is the new name for the old PM, Private Message. One way to see your posts.......... hover over your name at the very very top right of the page, then click Your Content.

Yes, but what happens when you just want to find threads that you started? You used to have a designated menu option in your profile to see all other threads you had started (as opposed to every post you've ever made in every thread). If the OP is looking for just his old posts that would work, but looking for your threads is no longer an option. :(

Nevermind. On the profile page, under "postings" all of the posts will come up. At the bottom of that list I also found the "threads started by". With both mine and the OP it only shows activity since the transition.

I never claim to be a great help, just putting out there the little I know of it. :bek181:

Not all of the bugs have been worked out of the new software. If you want to find all of the threads that you've posted in, you can use the 'Search' function and enter your username in the appropriate field. Unfortunately, at this time, AFAIK, there is no way to find only threads that you started prior to 'the change'.

Not that I care much about the answer, but how is the search function performing after The Change? Are there any people here who regularly search the forum, you know, sort of "mining for nuggets" of gold? Is the search function working well? I ask because I am not a big searcher here, but I think we mighty have= some people who DO do a lot of that, and I was just wondering you know, how that's going since The Change was instituted.

Most reactions

Back