I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
apparently I have been doing CPR wrong all this time...
I better tell our ACLS instructors when I get on shift tomorrow and let them know they need to update their classes.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

I know it's your profession .. but I get CPR certified just to know.
The last CPR cert class I took they said things changed from previous recommendations, which reminds me, I need to recert.

I do CPR the way they do in New York City......... kick the poor bastid and say, "Hey! Get up before you die!" :1219:

My first CPR class did the precordial thump and 4 stairstep breaths. That'll date me!

That was the only time the Annie I was learning on had sensors that were tied to a print-out. I managed to perform a perfect resuscitation for 20 minutes until I wore out. Somewhere I still have that paper strip.

apparently I have been doing CPR wrong all this time...
I better tell our ACLS instructors when I get on shift tomorrow and let them know they need to update their classes.
Apparently those four methods didn't work. Somebody called it.

Um, yeah. Wonder how many ribs were broken by those resuscitation methods. Not to mention asphyxiation due to regurgitated stomach contents. Maybe "ABC" doesn't translate to wherever that was going on.

Good lord...I didn't need to watch all of it...so I quit after about 45 seconds...yeesh...

Holy Kick in the Chest, Batman!!

I'm not sure this ended very well for the subject...

I don't think it started well, either.

You should see how they do the Hindlick maneuver.

I couldn't finish the video either. That was disturbing. About six years ago I worked a code with my department. The kid was 18 and he had been electrocuted. His father is a small town doctor and he wasn't doing CPR but, his was slapping his face and yelling at him. " C'mon <name> wake up!!!" It was something.

I couldn't finish the video either. That was disturbing. About six years ago I worked a code with my department. The kid was 18 and he had been electrocuted. His father is a small town doctor and he wasn't doing CPR but, his was slapping his face and yelling at him. " C'mon <name> wake up!!!" It was something.

Heartbreaking.

I have not just seen the video nor I've read shefrj's post

Oh God

Most reactions

Back