I need a recommendation for a battery grip for my D90.

My question is "why bother with a grip at all"?

The D90 grip gets you nothing except added weight - no increased frame rate etc.
I know people think it's so much better with a grip for ballance and battery life. To me it's just added weight and size for no real benefit.
If the nikon grip is too much, buy an extra battery and be done with it.

At least with the D300/D700 grip you get additional frame rate for the extra $$$.

Not everyone's hands are the same. For you it's fine apparently. When I use a modern Nikon camera without a grip, my pinkie and lower edge of my hand hangs off the edge and it starts to feel uncomfortable after a while compared to a camera with the grip. I'm sure others would agree with either of us. Honestly, it's not that much more weight.

+1bhop ...as same problem here. Having arthritic and wrist & grip problems. The grip for me helps in all situations. Wish I didn't need it but do. Yes bigger bulkier and even had in on during a 3 day camping & hiking trip. Also found it relives strain on fingers and wrist for the heavier lenses and zooms that have a tendency to pull the camera forward and added weight helps balance out the load.

There are many that get one and use for a bit then remove and sitting in closet or drawer somewhere. That's where I got the Nikon MB-D80 for my D90. Total cost was $90 for primo mint fresh. That was 3 years ago.

Most reactions

Back