I need help with my SIGMA SD1, brand new.. giving blur images, settings, and config is my main issue

I need help with my SIGMA SD1, brand new.. giving blur images, settings, and config is my main issue

• ANY SETTINGS FORMAT WIL HELP !

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • COLORS IS UN SETTLED !

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
well, you couldn't have been more wrong.

this kind of moderation, really, explains why I haven't been active on this board much even though I registered in 2008.

While that may not be how you meant your OP to come across, the snippet you've dredged up does not come across as helpful or nice. It's not the moderation that's at fault, it's how you've chosen to communicate that's an issue and what you've posted here just re-enforces that.

Maybe you should look for a class that teaches how to comunicate with other people.

oh, i'm sorry I hurt your feelings.
English my not my first language, so yes, sometimes my phrases aren't greatest. thanks for your input.lol

crazy as it sounds; older Minolta 35MM I borrowed way back when--some how, as it turned out, the shutter speed had moved so instead of 1/250 it was on 1/60th!!! A repair shop/store in Andover Ma. made diagnosis and fix in about 15 minutes. Yup, 1/250 was the indicated speed, 1/60 actual! Results were a roll of fuzzygraphs.

Interesting discussion here. In regard to the online DoF guide, know that it is an "approximate" guide. Each lens, because of differences in design and other properties has its' own unique characteristics when it comes to depth of field measurements. Some of the guides online (apps for your phone) will actually allow you to pick out the specific lens. Always a helpful thing to have with you.

Cordially,

Mark

I have had and still have several Sigma lenses and never had an issue. Sure, they're not as good as my Canon L lenses but to ball park them as 'a garbage brand, known for crappy focus issues' is inaccurate, unfair and just bizarre.

I have to agree with the comments about not having issues with the Sigma lenses. I did a test for the Adorama Learning Center using the 150-500 "Bigma" and scored a cover shot with it. A well behaved lens that I liked. Here is the article, which was revised in 2012.

30 Football Photography Tips, For The Win! | Expert photography blogs, tip, techniques, camera reviews - Adorama Learning Center
cover.jpg

Cordially,

Mark

I had Sigma before, but I didn't see any problems, then I bought myself a NIKON 1 NIKKOR, I couldn't figure it out on my own, so I used this manual, a useful thing that helped me set up my photo op and make beautiful family photos that delight me and cheer me up.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back