I need help!

Goradiogo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm starting a new class in highschool, its a photography class and I've been really getting into it.
But, I'm not sure on what kind of camera I should get. I need a camera thats not too expensive but good enough for a beginners work.

Please reply.
kthanks! :)

Nikon D40 D60
Canon XT XTi

Either of these 4 cameras

The olypmus 510 is a really good beginner camera that is fairly cheap. it has the live veiw function which many other beginner DSLRS dont have.

I honestly dont see what the big deal for a live view function is....
That defeats the purpose of the "SLR" part...

"The single-lens reflex (SLR) camera uses an automatic moving mirror system which permits the photographer to see exactly what will be captured by the film or digital imaging system, as opposed to non-SLR cameras where the view through the viewfinder could be significantly different from what was captured on film."

wikipedia

You are supossed to look through the viewfinder and the mirror!

i like the sony. its very straightforward, and super easy. (plus the price is usually less)

Yeah, right now.. I've been using my moms sony for the summer. But, I need my own. Thanks everyone! :D

To the best of my knowledge, live view is mainly valuable for people coming from the P+S world, which is why you see it a lot on the less expensive "transitional" bodies. I think this is also why you see the quick flash-up of the picture you just took turned on by default on these bodies, but not on the higher models.

The one time I could see using it is if your camera is on a tripod and well above your head, but even that seems fairly rare and wouldn't work THAT well.

The live view option is on my D300, but I've never used it. Seems wacky, consumes battery power, etc.

If you've never had these things, they will likely be largely foreign to you and unecessary. I would never recommend purchasing or not purchasing a camera based upon the availability of this feature.

I honestly dont see what the big deal for a live view function is....
That defeats the purpose of the "SLR" part...

I couldnt agree with you more. i dont even use the function on my camera. I just put it out there because alot of beginners are looking for this function.

Well, who else thinks the nikon d60 is pretty good. I think I might get that one.

Most reactions

Back