I need some help.

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by inFamous Jordan, Oct 7, 2008.

1. inFamous Jordan

inFamous Jordan TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Alright I'm new to photography. I need some help finding out what camera to start with. Someone told me to start with a Canon XSi or XTi. I'll mainly do portraits, so should I get a different lens when I get the kit? or just uses the kit lens? I want to do picture kinda like Andy Hartmark, if you dont know his work here is a link http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...&MyToken=ab82a5ad-3fe3-4c8d-bfad-3d59a04925a3

EDIT: I forgot to add I'm going to take a photography class and a photoshop class soon.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  2. A_ADAMS

A_ADAMS TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I started with a point and shoot then moved up to a canon XTi and I love it... It is more basic than the XSi but still nice... The XSi has more mega pixles but unless your blowing you pics up you really dont need that many

3. inFamous Jordan

inFamous Jordan TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well I have had a point and shoot for awhile. But I want to learn the more artistic photo shooting. I hope maybe one day to do it professionally.

4. maulrat

maulrat TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I got an XTi about 2 months ago; body only with a 50mm f/1.8 and I must tell you... I love this camera. The kit lens is kind of nice because it does cover the wide angle just a tad. You're going to need it if you consider taking photos of people 5 feet or less from the camera; like from across the table. It also helps with group shots and shots of the front of buildings from the sidewalk.

I just took a couple of shots that are being printed at Costco. an 8X12 and a 12x16. I'll let you know how they turn out.

5. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Nikon?

Search the forum... there are a TON of threads like this. On average we probably see one a day.