I Need to Buy a Horrendous Camera.

JohnFranklin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings photo minions.

I am far too good of a photographer and the only way to stave off boredom is to constantly challenge myself to the maximum. It is for this reason that I plan to enter, and win, a national photo contest using the worst camera ever manufactured on this green earth. It is the only way I can find meaning in my life.

But alas!

Kindly attach your Camera obscura recommendations so that I may purchase them expediently. I must get to work photo taking for the contests I plan on entering.

Thank you kindly.

Excellent pick my boy!

I shall add that putrid plastic Lumu jalopy to my shopping cart.

Very good possibility - at least highly egotistical.

OP: Until I see some of your work, you are no better than anyone else here. As far as your next challenges: pencils, charcoal or pen and ink.

To be able to assess the true value of your amazing photographic ability so I can recommend you the most horrible camera I would like to see your majestic work.
May you please share with us a link to see some examples of the greatness of your work.
It will humble me to see such amazing pictures so please do share with us some of your work................please

Well, if you insist...

Here is a lovely snapshot I took of some sailboats using very basic equipment. It has a bit of a postmodernistic twist to it. I dabbled in the modern style only to please a certain mistress. I find the whole idea quite dreadful.

Attachments

• boats.jpg
    boats.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 191
make your own digital box camera while blindfolded.
That should do the trick.

a brief copyright infringement to be removed by a moderator shortly .... (ie, picture of minions)
despicable_me_2_minions-1920x1080.jpg

Well, if you insist...

Here is a lovely snapshot I took of some sailboats using very basic equipment. It has a bit of a postmodernistic twist to it. I dabbled in the modern style only please a certain mistress. I find the whole idea quite dreadful.
your horizon is tilted.
quite dreadful is right. :)

Really? I don't see troll or massive ego, but I do see a lot of tongue-in-cheekiness.

As for recommendations, I expected someone would suggest Lomography. Alas, those cameras are better than you might think. If you really want to go truly horrible, get a Fisher Price for digital or a cheap, off-brand Bakelite from the 50s for film.

Well, if you insist...

Here is a lovely snapshot I took of some sailboats using very basic equipment. It has a bit of a postmodernistic twist to it. I dabbled in the modern style only please a certain mistress. I find the whole idea quite dreadful.
You are joking right ? LOL

Listen get a Nikon D3300 which is a good beginners camera and start practicing photography.
My god you are funny :abnormal:, thanks for the good laugh :bouncingsmileys:

Well, if you insist...

Here is a lovely snapshot I took of some sailboats using very basic equipment. It has a bit of a postmodernistic twist to it. I dabbled in the modern style only to please a certain mistress. I find the whole idea quite dreadful.

Oh, I thought it was just that all the boats in this badly composed shot were sailing downhill. Whew. Thank goodness.

Well the earth is round... not quite that round though. Anyway I have any number of midcentury bakelite cameras. And an Instamatic. And a Fisher Price camera, which is quite scratched and could probably be described as horrendous, but not so much the rest of them.

But if by some chance you actually do want a camera obscura, they're being made by this company - Camera Obscura Pre-Order - Ancient Magic Art Tools. It could likely take a long time to get one since they're hand made.

I participated in a film contest many years ago. I had a f100 with a nice selection of lenses. I didn't even rank in any categories. Gear was too heavy and I didn't want to go far. The next year I took a MINOX 35GT. I placed first in one category.
My vote. MINOX 35GT.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back