I need to create fire.

Village Idiot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What would I put in a white bowl so that when I light it it flames up fast and dies? Kind of like if you hold a lighter to your hand and release the lighter fluid then light your hand.

I need something like that, but the bowl is not enclosed. Will regular starter fluid for a grill do the trick? I need to be able to take a picture from over top of it so it looks like the fire is exploding at me.

Should this be something I ask the beginners? ;)

don't use the grill starter in side!! grill starter will blacken your ceiling from 7 feet down. it flares up very very high. i suggest trying lighter fluid or zippo fluid.

Last edited:
Can you explain the effect more. I'm not understanding.

Another thing as well. Heat rises as you may know, so it will get pretty hot if your shooting from above. Depending on you igniter it may get very hot.

Isopropyl or Ethyl alcohol, in small quantities, should burn at an ideally quick rate for this purpose.

What about something like flash paper? Magicians use it for tricks. It burns quickly and leaves little to no residue. You should be able to get it at a magic shop or order it on line.

Brian

famous last words: "Hey, watch this!"

just be careful, sounds a little sketchy...though pretty bad ass if you manage to pull it off!

And it goes without saying -

Do this OUTSIDE and have something to put out the fire if it gets out of hand! Take every possible safety precaution.

I do personally know that if you fill a cooking pot too full with cooking oil on an electric stovetop and dump lots of frozen chicken wings in, the resulting oil boiling over onto the electric stove element will flash fire up to the ceiling and across about 12 feet of ceiling leaving the ceiling and wall behind the stove, as well as the ceiling fan that was in the way, black and sooty that you have to hurry to clean up before the wife gets home from shopping...

So, if you only want a small burst of flame, DON'T use an electric stovetop, cooking oil, and frozen chicken wings. Just take my word for it.

Isopropyl or Ethyl alcohol, in small quantities, should burn at an ideally quick rate for this purpose.
They were my first thoughts. They burn clean and quick.

Pure grain alcohol..... Everclear might also work. Afterwards you can make a batch of PJ.

Questions is....... how will you ignite it without having crispy fingers in the photo? Suggest a small blow torch to ignite the vapors from above and out of frame. I assume you will be in a well ventilated area.

Do NOT use gasoline.

IMG_5012.jpg

Where's V.I.?? did he blow himself up already?

If you use very small amount of candle wax and heat it until it starts to burn, it will result in a burst of flame when you put some water on it. I did that stuff when I was a kid.

Make sure you do not use a lot of wax. i.e. Use a bottle cap and put some wax inside. find a way to heat up the wax such as another candle below the bottle cap. Once the wax heat up and is burning by itself, if you put some water on it, it will explode like a little ball of flame. But that need to do it out door since the wax will make a mess.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back