I think its a Dandelion?? FLOWER PIC!

bigboi3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this picture a couple weeks ago.. thought it was pretty cool. I didn't know how I wanted it composition wise so I just centered the flower. Edited a little bit in Aperture 3.

EXIF

D90 - 18-70mm
1/640
ISO 200
f/5.6
30mm

4597913146_9e9e56320f_o.jpg

For those that want to, I would also like some C & C. ;)

The flower is pretty (not a dandelion) but the background is busy. You could reduce the depth of field, or get a piece of construction paper (black, sky blue, green or some other natural color) and put it behind the flower to block out the background. Just be sure it's out of focus so people can't tell it's a piece of paper. It's also a little static as you have it dead center. Try using the rule of thirds to improve the composition. You can see an article I wrote about the Rule of Thirds here http://www.stockphotosarizona.com/articles.html. Keep up the good work.

Have Fun,
Jeff

Last edited:
The flower is pretty (not a dandelion) but the background is busy. You could reduce the depth of field, or get a piece of construction paper (black, sky blue, green or some other natural color) and put it behind the flower to block out the background. Just be sure it's out of focus so people can't tell it's a piece of paper. It's also a little static as you have it dead center. Try using the rule of thirds to improve the composition. You can see an article I wrote about the Rule of Thirds here Stock Photos Arizona - Articles. Keep up the good work.

Have Fun,
Jeff

Thanks for the comments and criticism I appreciate it. I will look into your article as I have to improve my composition. As for the background, I see that it is a bit busy. I will try that technique next time.

Colors and sharpness is great on this. And the center of the flower looks almost unreal. Using just the 18-70, you're doing good. The background doesn't bother me that much. What I would prefer tho would be that the picture wasn't cropped so tightly around the flower.

Very nice photo in my opinion. Wonder if you would mind showing the original so we can compare versions?
Nice job overall.

Colors and sharpness is great on this. And the center of the flower looks almost unreal. Using just the 18-70, you're doing good. The background doesn't bother me that much. What I would prefer tho would be that the picture wasn't cropped so tightly around the flower.

Thanks for the C & C!!

Very nice photo in my opinion. Wonder if you would mind showing the original so we can compare versions?
Nice job overall.

here is the original.. and thanks.

4605895762_0030a8ae2d_o.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back