I think this guy is trying to scam me ... but what's the angle?

I got a deed to a bridge in Brooklyn, New York that is for sale cheap if anyone is interested. Only used on Sundays by little ole ladies going to church. Freshly painted with new asphalt. Make me an offer.

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :mrgreen:

Tell him that you work for the Canadian office of Interpol and you need it in your job.... :lol: You have some friends at work at the London office that could run over and look at it for you if that's convenient... :lmao::lmao:

This is a scam. Definitely. I had something similar happen to me. I didn't fall for it because of the reasons that you stated. Remember if it's too good to be true, it almost always is.

Think about it, he claims to be in a different country, has a sob story, and is selling something very good for ridiculously cheap. That emotional sob story is supposed to hook you in.

In my experience I was selling an old camera and a couple lenses of craigslist for about $550. Someone from Nigeria wanted to buy the item and without even talking to me to find out more about the camera, they sent me $550 via paypal and sent a nigerian address to ship it to. I knew something was fishy because this person from Nigeria was really corny like this guy you're talking to and I wondered why a Nigerian person would be looking at an Iowa craigslist page. Anyways the payment he sent was a fake. I received fake emails from "paypal" that said the payment was in a holding status until i supplied a valid tracking number for the shipment, then the money would go through. Long story short, I would ship it, give a tracking number, the money would disappear and my camera would be gone forever. Glad I saw through this scam and can share my experience.

So dont fall for it, it's a common scam that tricks many people.

100% scam. They will make you send them money, they will send camera. Camera will never arrive.

If it looks like a duck, smells like a duck and quacks like a duck... guess what? ;)

defiantly a scam... he never once said "Nikon" or "D700" lol always "unit" or "product" lol

I'm not entirely sure I've deciphered his pathetic English correctly, but it sounds like he's actually willing to ship it to me before payment, so what's the deal on this one? Maybe it's hot?
7 red flags and you are still wondering?

He isn't willing to ship it before payment as in, you recieve, inspect, then pay. It is that you pay, he ships, you inspect, and ok him to recieve his payment. That is how it appears, how it really is I would suspect to be, you pay, he recieves the money, he runs and you never here from him or see the camera.

The only way I would buy expensive stuff: Seller hands me item in person so I can look at it, I hand either money over if I'm satisfied or hand the item back and say no thanks. If you have money to throw around like it's nothing, then go for it. If you don't, I can tell you that $700 is a lot of money and would never chance something that looks too good to be true.

Another Scam to look out for that is Tricky. A vender will send you the camera, you inspect it, It was shipped from a good vender. You are happy with the purchace and have the Camera in hand so you send them the money for your purchace. All is good correct, Not so fast. A month later the police arive at your house and arrest you for buying your camera with a solen credit card. If it sounds to good to be true, It most likely is.

Moral of the story...

Just buy your camera from a reputable dealer for full price. Saving you this kind of hassle is more than worth it.

Even if you have to work your ass off to afford the D700, it makes you appreciate it that much more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back