i want i want i want

dearlybeloved

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i want a macro lens. everyday i find myself looking at everyones macro shots say to myself "hey, this would be lots of fun and i would enjoy doing this" but when i look into my wallet stuffed with business cards that i forgot how they even got there i see i have no money. i then look up at the stars and wish upon one that some kind soul understands a kid in need that has a void in his heart that only a macro lens with a wide aperture could only fill.

now ask yourself folks, is this kind soul you? are you feeling generous today? has someone done something nice for you and is it your time to pay it forward? if so, then look no further. have i got a poor soul in need for you.

some of you must think this is shameful but you my friend have no idea what shame is until you have typed this out and just looked in the mirror with your head down and just hoped, cause that i can do at this point is just hope.

thank you.

Last edited:
Oh and get me a 70-200 2.8L while you're at it!

And a canon 100mm 2.8 macro . . .

Why stop there? I could *really* use a 1d mIV. Please? Anyone?

start your own thread, these hopes and dreams are all mine!!!!!! :lmao:

You could always get a set of extension tubes - DON'T get the ultra cheap $5 sort as they are a nightmare to use (esp for nikon as you can't shut the apeture blades at all on your lenses - unless they are the old manual aperture type) go for a good set of Kenko AF tubes and put them on your 50mm macro lens - 50mm worth of tubes (or roughly that amount) will get you to 1:1 - true - macro with your 50mm.

You won't have too much distance between the subject and the camera and you will also be limited to only being able to focus a short distances (since tubes remove infinity focus) but it will get you into the macro world.

how much are these things. money is super tight. what if i used one for the 70-300 cause it has a macro setting but it never focuses in properly.

At a very rough guess around $/£100 ish though I am sure if you shop around you might find cheaper deals.

As for the 70-300mm that will be (I assume) around 1:2 macro so half life size, but good for flower, dragonflies and butterflies. You should turn the AF off and use manual focus toget the focus correct if the lens itself isnot managing to aquire it. Also make sure you are not focusing too close - the zoom lenses like that with a macro mode tend to have about half a foot at least in minimum focusing distance

im not familiar with these things so is there a certain model i should look for that i can just look on ebay?

Why stop there? I could *really* use a 1d mIV. Please? Anyone?

I wasn't gonna get greedy and instead beg for a 5DII but since you're asking for a 1D5, I might as well ask for one too.

Plx and thx. PM me for shipping address.

:hugs:

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The first kind of tubes that Icassel links to are the bad sort that I would not go for - they might be dirt cheap, but with no aperture control shooting macro wide open at f1.8 is going to give you almost no depth of field to work with. Typically f8-f13 are the more normal apertures used.

The Kenko tubes he links to secondly are the sort I recomend and a quick look at ebay shows quite a few dealers selling at around the $144 mark
kenko nikon AF tubes, Cameras Photo. Great deals on eBay!

note those are instant sale prices from ebay shops - there are some under $100 in bids, but as always be carefull when bidding as theprice can often go right up.

i just bought the 7 dollar one. when i get it in i will let you see what i do.

if any of you have a macro lense you would like to sell/trade.... let me know i will hook you up!

The first kind of tubes that Icassel links to are the bad sort that I would not go for - they might be dirt cheap, but with no aperture control shooting macro wide open at f1.8 is going to give you almost no depth of field to work with. Typically f8-f13 are the more normal apertures used.

Good point! I hadn't thought about that.

BTW ... check out esnipe.com .... I've easily won several ebay bids with their help that I thought I would lose.

Unless anyone knows a way to trick Nikon lenses to close the aperture blades? I know the canon trick, but far as I know there is no working trick for nikons (unles they are the older lenses with the manual aperture ring and such)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back