I want to adopt a Noob!

thinking about it though... it could work. not sure how but it could work

I'm open to ideas but I must warn anyone who wants me to adopt them I am mad

Hmmmm.... so are we talking adoption of the 'looking for a student type' :thumbup: or adoption of the 'looking for a sweatshot worker' type :thumbdown:

I was thinking about it (slow day at work) ... personally I would like someone who might give me 'assignments'. Like stuff that would teach a certain aspect of photography. It may not produce images that are overall anything special but would get me to practice something in particular. Not sure about the details, just a thought.

Even somebody who would be willing to be brutally honest about all the photos I post would be good.

what does NOOB mean?

what does NOOB mean?

From Wikipedia:
A newbie (also spelled noob, newb, or n00b in the leetspeak of internet culture) is a to a particular field, the term being commonly used on the internet, where it might refer to new users of a game, a newsgroup, the World Wide Web itself, or an operating system.

thanks for answering my question

There are a few different ways in which 'noob' can be interpreted. On a forum such as this the word 'noob' is fine, as it refers to somone who doesn't have alot of experience in photography.... or they might just be a forum noob (experienced in photog, but never used an internet forum before).

However.... i play a popular online adventure game.... here the word noob has many different meanings. Generally if you call someone a 'noob', 'newb', 'n00b', 'nub'.... or my favorite 'nublet'..... it can be seen as highly offensive... its just as bad as insulting that persons mother.

This is because people spend hours, days, weeks, months, years leveling up thier character.... so what better insult, than to call them a noob if they are annoying you!

Luckely the worlds of photography and gaming dont often come together... and when they rarely do... i.e. a member once said 'i pwn in ps... you are all n00bs'.... i ban them. :mrgreen:

You are right the term noob can be interpreted several ways. I think generally what I posted is considered the definition of 'newb'. The 'noob' spelling can be considered derogatory or insulting to some people.

So much for keeping it simple :lol:

In theory adopting a new photographer in a very nice gesture...=) who wants to pick me...LOL I will let the *parent* play with all my L glass....LOL

Although no one can touch my cameras, lenses, computers, wives (well maybe all but the current one), I wouldn't mind having a less experienced poster to interact with (electronically) on a routine basis about their pictures.

I could commit to looking at pix, swapping ideas, helping with editing, answering questions about why Lostprophet has lots of posts but no pictures.

I could commit to looking at pix, swapping ideas, helping with editing, answering questions about why Lostprophet has lots of posts but no pictures.

Except he has some really good pictures posted here...:p

OK, we'll pick on someone else.
But it is important to have a scapegoat. Societies can't exist without one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back