I wasn't the only source of warmth in my bed last night....

....it was SO FRIGGEN COLD last night, I slept snuggled up to a hot water bottle!

The heat doesn't get to my room very well, and it's VERY drafty....last night it got bitter cold and REALLY windy.....I didn't think to check the actual temp in there until around 11 this morning, when it was 52. It's supposed to be colder today. :S

I should seriously think about starting to migrate south for the winters....

40's and 50's.... well our temps are nuthin compared to that

That's the last time I hand you a railroad spike.

Oh snap, watch out I shipped a gross of 'em to her a few days ago

It was 80F here yesterday and today ... maybe upper 50's at night. Filled up three 50gal green waste barrels with yard trimmings ... the blisters on my hands dreamed for a snow day.

Gary

Its 13 Fahrenheit here in Philly . I had ice balls hanging from the stash earlier , wearing extended hypothermia work suit.

40's and 50's.... well our temps are nuthin compared to that

Oh snap, watch out I shipped a gross of 'em to her a few days ago

I was referring to the temperature INSIDE MY BEDROOM.

Outside it is much MUCH colder. I believe today was -2 not including windchill, and the wind is VERY strong today.

I was referring to the temperature INSIDE MY BEDROOM.

Outside it is much MUCH colder. I believe today was -2 not including windchill, and the wind is VERY strong today.

Ah, ok I know that feeling, I also had that situation going on. The thermometer in my room dose not go below 50 for some reason so I don't know for sure how cold it was in my room.

this is why i moved to florida from DC

We had a big fire last night in a near-by town. 13 F and -15 windchill. 9 fire companies fought it and lost 5 buildings. I posted a pic in the PJ forum. Really nasty weather to be outside playing in water.

i feel your pain!!!!!!!!!!!

my first place after school was so great, a cottage on a lake! it needed work and the owner cut me a break on rent for getting it livable...

holy crap...i knew why it was a summer cottage when winter came around.

NO INSULATION, i slept in 2 pairs of socks, long PJ's, long sleve t shirt, sweat shirt over that, SLEEPING BAG, and 2 blankets...(i kid you not!)

but i would still be cold because my pillows would get bitter...

if you wanted a drink of water it would be ICEY!

i had baseboard electric heat and propane but they tell you to not run propane at night because of the gas..

i have never been so cold in my life sleeping...and i have slept outside in the snow (snowmobiling)

oh and lets not even talk about frozen pipes (even with heated pipe wrap!!!) yeah uhhh wash cloth showers out of warm water right from the hot water tank heater, hmm not fun, but a fun story nonetheless

Yeah it was pretty chilly today...50 F or so :p...after I got back from class it was crazy hot in the apartment, so I turned the air on. Flying south for the winter is most certainly the way to go! I haven't worn my winter jacket since the middle of January :greenpbl:

Hope it warms up at least inside for you soon Corry!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back