If we, as TPF users feel the need to make a complaint to the admin...

........It is good that the Admins want to protect copyrights but the rules shouldn't go further than the actual copyright Law does. ..........

Perhaps the Admin originally adopted this 'silly rule' to mitigate lawsuits. Nothing kills the fun more than a couple lawyers sticking their grubby mitts into other people's pockets.

Their rule overreaches.
The Fair Use Doctrine clearly protects any use for "criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research."
The first step for any person who believes their copyright is violated is obligatory and that is to send a Digital Milennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Takedown Notice and if that isn't complied with, only then can they file a suit.

Forbidding any use of pictures for fear of a totally unlikely event is like hiring someone to guard your house against tigers - if you live in North Dakota.

I dont know much about copyright laws....but I am all for the return of schwettylens from his abrupt exile. Do not condemn a man for all time on a moments mistake.
Please find it within your boundless generosity to forgive schwetty that he may once again grace the forums with his wit and knowledge

Are you going to complain about all the stuff that is recently broken in the TPF interface? Like the like button being randomly moved off-screen to the right and the "skip to last read" arrow not working?

Their rule overreaches.......

Which is merely your opinion. Again, start your own forum, then maybe you'll understand why some 'silly' rules get put in place.

I'm not saying that's the reason for it. I'm just saying the Powers That Be, who started the forum with their own time and money, are the ones who know why.

lol, I hadn't noticed until now but a portion of your signature is also stage right manaheim.

lol, I hadn't noticed until now but a portion of your signature is also stage right manaheim.

I know, and I was really proud of my new obnoxious signature, too. Stupid @#)$(@#$ forum changes.

I know, and I was really proud of my new obnoxious signature, too. Stupid @#)$(@#$ forum changes.

If it makes you feel any better, when I stretch my browser across two screens it doesn't wrap any longer ;)

The TPF sight complaint manager is Helen Waite. Soooo, if you have a problem or a complaint, go to Helen Waite.

I would hope that if you are going to complain you would at least become a supporting member...........

Supporting member to whom? Are there no adds for supporting members? If there are no adds I might consider it.

Adblocker Plus my friend. Best extension ever created for Firefox or chrome or w/e browser you may use.

Their rule overreaches.
The Fair Use Doctrine clearly protects any use for "criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research."
The first step for any person who believes their copyright is violated is obligatory and that is to send a Digital Milennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Takedown Notice and if that isn't complied with, only then can they file a suit.

Forbidding any use of pictures for fear of a totally unlikely event is like hiring someone to guard your house against tigers - if you live in North Dakota.
Actually it's a moot point. The bottom line is that the house rules are the house rules. We don't have to agree with them but we do have to abide by them.

Supporting member to whom? Are there no adds for supporting members? If there are no adds I might consider it.

Not "no" adds but significantly reduced. No in thread adds and the ones up to are reduced. Removing some adds were a pleasant surprise. I mostly did it to support such a great resource.

Exactly! Who is the resource though? The individuals who help you out or some folks collecting money on adds and your "support"....

Well without the site the people wouldn't be here but you are correct it is the people that make a huge difference. You also have to thank the mods for fostering the community. Mods can make or break a community.

A community is also only a good as the backbone its based off of. The forums are extremely reliable (yes we are going through and upgrade, so some things are broken) with great uptime and features.

You may enjoy driving a car but without the road to drive on its pretty useless.

Their rule overreaches.

Actually it's a moot point. The bottom line is that the house rules are the house rules. We don't have to agree with them but we do have to abide by them.

Going to the bottom line, the House doesn't get a rake unless there are players at the table. ... and it's caused a lot of people to cash in their chips. Some voluntarily...others were asked to leave. This forum has so many problems going right now, I would be surprised if it lasts another 6 months...just my .02

Last edited by a moderator:
Their rule overreaches.

Going to the bottom line, the House doesn't get a rake unless there are players at the table. Making a certain member a moderator was a huge mistake, and it's caused a lot of people to cash in their chips. Some voluntarily...others were asked to leave. This forum has so many problems going right now, I would be surprised if it lasts another 6 months...just my .02

You won't be the first to predict the demise of the monster, nor shall you be the last.

it's amazing to me that others still think one person makes a difference...on the net.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back