I'm a bit tickled

brighteyesphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brighteyesphotos.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's not much. It's probably not much of note to some, but I had recently contacted the local college's paper where I attend and study photography. After talking with the editor a bit, he asked me to take some pictures for the paper. I went to the last conference game for the basketball teams and shot some pictures. I submitted some of my pictures, not knowing which ones they would pick.

I picked up the latest edition of the school paper (it is published once a month). Not only did they use my pictures and gave me credit (which was expected), they also listed me as the staff photographer. That I wasn't expecting.

Now I feel like I need to step up my learning and improve my skills further, which I had planned on doing anyways. I'm just tickled because my name is published and it's another line on my resume. :thumbup:

Well done!!

I remember that happened to me after i took photos of my mate rallying in Crail, Scotland. Another mate sent the images to the local paper and i asked him to make sure i was credited. All i was expecting was my name but he credited "David Richardson Photography"

A couple of folk i went to school with years ago asked me soon after that if i was a photographer now!!

I suppose i am - i just don't make my living from it!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back