I'm confused!

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What else is new? LOL I signed up for this online gallery and it has a shopping cart and all that which is cool and it has an option to let people pay online wiht a credit card. How the heck do I do that? WHat do I need. I looked up a few things but I'm running into sites that are merchant services and of course all of them claim to be the 'cheapest', 'best' and 'most secure'.
Anyone know what I should look for?

Some sites will handle the merchant services for you (for a cost, of course) and some will just send the orders to you. If you want to do credit card charging yourself, you will probably need some sort of merchant service account...I would just call your bank and talk to them about it.

I've been looking at different sites and services to add to my web site for on-line ordering. I haven't decided on anything yet.

I did this program that keeps track of all your stuff called photogassist and it has an attached gallery feature with a shopping cart which is much easier than what I was doing before. If you have a merchant service you can accept credit cards in your shopping cart but I dont know what is good or bad, what to look for in finding a merchant service thing to allow me to process credit card orders.

What about PayPal don't they offer merchant services now?

We have been using Quickbooks merchant services at our scrapbook store. They have been reliable and easy to use.

Hey bigmike you must have been replyung at the same time I was last night because I see your post before mine now. I did not think to call my bank, thanks for that suggestion! I dont want to pay for a service that's a scam I have heard of people having that happen. Thanks

crystal lynn, thanks I will check out both of those options as well. I hear that accepting credit cards as a form of payment boosts sales pretty well.

I use pay pal for now. It's cheap and at this point the charges are less that setting it up at my bank. With the bank you have to pay the bank as well as the merchant service provider (the bigger the company you are the less the charge %) and it really adds up. Plus for a lot of merchant provider service you have a set up fee as well. Pay Pal took me less than 10 min to set up and link to my shopping cart. I pay just under 3% and .30 per sale to pay pal.
If you want to see how it all works out send me a PM and I will send you a link and password.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back