I'm jumping in feet first and fingers crossed..

Spiral

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all...(my heart is pounding and I'm nervous as heck!) I am very new to this forum as well as photography itself! I've had people tell me that I have a natural talent. I'm here to see if they were just being nice!

Here are a couple of pics that I think are good, they haven't been touched up. I haven't learned any of that stuff or the lingo. I just purchased 2 photography books and visited our local Inkleys, yesterday!
(Told you I'm new) I'm in the Market for a new dSLR, but before I sell my soul I need to know if it's worth it.

Thanks! Jana

cabo84.jpg

AI.jpg

H.jpg

I think I would agree that you do have a good eye! No. 2 and 3 aren't really my thing but they are pretty well executed and show a lot of creativity.

No. 1 has definite promise, obeying all the rule of thirds etc. It's overexposed a bit, which would probably be a bit simpler to fix when you have more control with a DSLR. If I were you I'd get closer to the boat, and open up the picture to show the mountains fully and just use the boat as foreground interest.

Hi Jana, Great start and welcome to the world of photography. Like you, I wanted to know how my work was, if it "made the grade." What I've learned over the years is to set creative goals for myself, as a photographer. And shoot my photos to acheive those goals. Your friends, like most of our good friends, are probably being nice to you. They may be photography consumers that like cute photos. Keep your enthusiasm. Keep up your reserch. And keep shooting, critiquing your work, and shooting. It will build your confidence more and more. Practice. Practice. I hope this is helpful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back