jakedoza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jamsessionphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

My name is jake and I am new to the forum. I am an armature photographer and am looking at making it more of just a hobby. I'm sure some if not most of you have heard of photodex software proshow. I did software support for them for quite some time and got a bug for taking photos. I have set up a web page with some of my better photos, but am always looking to build my portfolio. I am always accepting criticism as other peoples experience I believe will always help.
I currently only have a canon A520 that I am using, but am looking for a better camera. Any suggestions??? I am leaning towards the canon EOS 40D.

Hello all,

My name is jake and I am new to the forum. I am an armature photographer and am looking at making it more of just a hobby. I'm sure some if not most of you have heard of photodex software proshow. I did software support for them for quite some time and got a bug for taking photos. I have set up a web page with some of my better photos, but am always looking to build my portfolio. I am always accepting criticism as other peoples experience I believe will always help.
I currently only have a canon A520 that I am using, but am looking for a better camera. Any suggestions??? I am leaning towards the canon EOS 40D.

First, you can't go wrong with either Nikon or Canon. With Canon very slightly in the lead, they share 90% of the world's SLR market. You might want to see which one feels better in your hands.

I don't know the Canon line that well but my suggestion is that you get a low end SLR and spend your cash on good lenses. Figure on updating the SLR body in a year or two or three.

Portfolio looks good...if I had to make one widesweeping critique I would suggest you work on filling the frame more. I realize it might be hard to get in close with your current equipment sometimes.

As for the 40D, its one heck of a camera. But you should really try everybody out. I like the Canon P&S cameras but their DSLRs just don't feel right in my hand.

Thanks to both who replied. I really like the way the cannon feels plus I guess I'm a little biased since that is what I have been using. I shot all my photos with the canon A520. I like the manual settings on that camera as well as the "manual focus" ability. I have learned a lot just by trial and error. One of you mentioned filling the lens more. It is a little hard to do with that camera, but I will focus on that a little more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back