I'm no wedding photographer but...

Now you know that you are better than some local Pro's.

Nice shot!!!!

Here's a perspective from a full time professional wedding photographer. I never bring my professional equipment whenever I'm a guest at a wedding. There is an unwritten code between professional wedding photographers that we don't. It's tacky. Regardless if I like the work of the photographer of the day, as long as it is consistent with the photographer's portfolio and the bride and groom are aware of it. They hired the photographer for a reason, it's not really my place to take my equipment, get a few shots, then talk bad about another photographer's work. That is unprofessional behavior. If you do this full time for a living, you'd be annoyed to have to deal with guests at every wedding. The way I see it, if your work is good then let it speaks for itself. There is no need to put another's work down. Any one can grab a few lucky shots, but not everyone can tell the story of the day in an artistic and meaningful way... consistently.

Happy shooting! :)

Last edited:
Nice shot!!!!

Here's a perspective from a full time professional wedding photographer. I never bring my professional equipment whenever I'm a guest at a wedding. There is an unwritten code between professional wedding photographers that we don't. It's tacky. Regardless if I like the work of the photographer of the day, as long as it is consistent with the photographer's portfolio and the bride and groom are aware of it. They hired the photographer for a reason, it's not really my place to take my equipment, get a few shots, then talk bad about another photographer's work. That is unprofessional behavior. If you do this full time for a living, you'd be annoyed to have to deal with guests at every wedding. The way I see it, if your work is good then let it speaks for itself. There is no need to put another's work down. Any one can grab a few lucky shots, only a few can tell the story of the day in an artistic and meaningful way... consistently.

Happy shooting! :)

Thanks, now I feel like an a-hole. I'm not going bother sharing my experiences here anymore. Lol.

It wasn't a traditional wedding. A few other people had DSLRs. They couldn't afford professional photographers, that's why they asked other people they knew who were into photography to bring their camera.

If it's the one on you flickr page I just looked at, no need to feel like an a-hole. If the couple didn't hire a pro and specifically requested people bing their cameras, then no harm, no foul. One of my brothers' weddings was a similar set up. I took some photos, and printed a few of my favourites for my brother and sister in law as an extra gift. My other brother hired a pro, and my camera stayed in the car.

Oh, and nice shot, you caught a nice moment with plenty of others also taking a shot.

If it's the one on you flickr page I just looked at, no need to feel like an a-hole. If the couple didn't hire a pro and specifically requested people bing their cameras, then no harm, no foul. One of my brothers' weddings was a similar set up. I took some photos, and printed a few of my favourites for my brother and sister in law as an extra gift. My other brother hired a pro, and my camera stayed in the car.

Oh, and nice shot, you caught a nice moment with plenty of others also taking a shot.

I thought about getting it printed for them for Christmas, which would be the next time I see them lol.

Most reactions

Back