In Black and White

mad_malteaser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the photo I submitted for the competition in January. To be perfectly honest, I wasn't all that happy with it myself, I had a semblance of an idea but don't think I got it across very well.

Please be brutal... tell me where I could have gone with this.

Newspaper1.jpg

Cool idea, but the fold line and the curvature that causes it not to quite work for me.

On a side note, is that copyright infringment? :)

I like the idea also. However, what part of the paper is the subject? Or is it just a shot of a newspaper, any newspaper? Is there a message? It needs something else to me. I dont know, coffee, a donut, a gun. j/k

The right upper corner I dont really like either. (the triangle of white space)

I do like the angle though.

Cool idea. To me, just needs something else.

yeah the top left corner seems to be too "empty"

I don't know, but it the shot just seems a little cliché to me. Maybe It's just because I saw it in the voting for the competition, but it feels to me like I've seen this kind of shot elewhere before. But that said, I think it's done quite nicely. The exposure is excellent, and I personally like the angle. Though it might have been better with a more defined focal point, like maybe a whole word to read in the headline. Especially if it conveyed some kind of message that related to something else in the shot, like the image. Other than that, I like it.

Maybe a lower angle and capture a larger piece of a headline or photo and shot with alot of DOF to create a subject out of a piece of the newspaper. Love the Idea though for black and white.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I think I'm going to try this again a little later on.

KevinR: Good point there about copyright, I'm not sure myself. I wonder if anyone else here has any thoughts on that?

Most reactions

Back