In Depth Comparison/Review: Neewer VK750II vs. Nikon SB700

It gets good reviews, can do TTL and HSS, and has a PC sync port, a power port as well as beam assist, something the SB700 nor the YN565EX have.

I do not see anything on the Amazon description about it being HSS compatible. More info from another source about this?

Which type of external battery pack will it take? Seems to vary with mfg. The Yongnuo's go with the Canon style.

What is the beam assist feature that the SB700 and YN565 do not have?

Thanks

Thanks for the review. I bought this flash not too long ago as my first speedlight

It gets good reviews, can do TTL and HSS, and has a PC sync port, a power port as well as beam assist, something the SB700 nor the YN565EX have.

I do not see anything on the Amazon description about it being HSS compatible. More info from another source about this?

Which type of external battery pack will it take? Seems to vary with mfg. The Yongnuo's go with the Canon style.

What is the beam assist feature that the SB700 and YN565 do not have?

Thanks

For some reason I thought VK750ii had HSS.

The SB700 does have beam assist, mistaken there as well. dunno what I was thinking there.

all-in-all the flash works, it's a nice 3rd remote flash for me. For primary users I found TTL mode it needs -2/3 otherwise it seems to overexpose a bit.

Thanks for the review! I had boughten this same exact model (maybe you remember my post?) a few months back. Did a ton of research (this would have helped me tremendously back then) and found it was worth a shot, at only being around $50. Glad I went with it and love it!

*Side note - (may seem silly as I haven't looked into the question) but since I'm here how do you shut off the sound?

I agree thanks for the reviews. I think I may pick one of these up as well.

I'm still curious about the light color vs the sb700. I've heard that the color of the light can be a common problem with the cheaper speedlights. It's not really an issue if you're only using 1 flash, but I'd want to combine with my sb700 ;)

Thanks for your review. I'm considering buying one of these but I have a couple of questions. Firstly, the photos of the unit show what looks like a socket for an external power supply, but it's obviously non-standard. Have you any idea how it can be used? Secondly, I want to use this as off-camera flash, and will either use a ttl sync cabe or wireless sync. I have seen a Viltrox SC-29 cable and the Yongnuo YN 622N wireless set. What do you think of these for use with this flash? Anyone got any answers?

like i said in my post I was using the YN622N so...

pretty sure the charging port is the same as the SB-900.

Last edited:
Thanks for your review. I'm considering buying one of these but I have a couple of questions. Firstly, the photos of the unit show what looks like a socket for an external power supply, but it's obviously non-standard. Have you any idea how it can be used? Secondly, I want to use this as off-camera flash, and will either use a ttl sync cabe or wireless sync. I have seen a Viltrox SC-29 cable and the Yongnuo YN 622N wireless set. What do you think of these for use with this flash? Anyone got any answers?
We've read of many people having issues with 3rd party cables. This may be one instance where an OEM (Nikon) brand, even used (which I've bought my Nikon SC-17 TTL cord for $20 shipped used) may prevent a lot of troubleshooting.

But I use the SC-17 cable for use on a Stroboframe flip flash bracket for event type portability.

All other uses I use the Youngnuo 622 TX and 622N triggers with Nikon SB700/800 speedlights for "studio" type setups.

To answer your question it all depends upon how you plan on using the system Off-Camera.

Cheers for the info regarding wireless flash. Since the sync cable I was looking at was only £12 ($8?) I've got one on order anyway so I'll let you all know how it performs. I've ordered a 750N from Amazon UK so I'm looking forward to its arrival! I'll just use it on a flash bracket at first, then later on I'll get a wireless trigger set. I have seen these on sale and it's a bit confusing as there seems to be a commander unit and receivers, but then there are kits that have two identical units that apparently can act as either transmitter or receiver. Does it matter which I get? I.e. do I have to get a commander unit and receiver(s) separately or will the kit do the job just as well? I take it that these units give full TTL functions with this flash unit, do they? Sorry if I'm being dense, but when you wade through some of the explanations it can be a bit confusing.

I'd recommend getting a commander unit with the wireless setting.
here's a thread where I help someone understand the Yongnuo 622 TX / 622 N triggers on Nikon
==> Yongnuo YN 568 EX N Flash issue

Update: In the end, I changed my Amazon order to the NEEWER NW985N - the specs are similar to the 750N but I think it has a few upgrades. Not much difference, though. I will give it a good test and post results.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes, optical slave. Says wireless trigger too, but unsure what triggers it. The manual is so funny. I'm lolling reading it. Edit: the wireless trigger is the optical slave.

Bad: I can't get hss to work, can't shoot it faster than 1/250, which is fine.

Has a strobe feature that can flash rapidly so you can capture a series of movement.

using tapatalk.

I bought this flash around 6 months ago and found the manual to be completely useless and incomprehensible, any chance of a translation :biggrin-93:

What do you need to know how to do?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back