Yongnuo YN 568 EX N Flash issue

jedgrace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone can help me with controlling the flash output with the YN 568 EX N . Basically, I have a YongnuoYN-622N-TX i-TTL Wireless Flash Controller on a nikon D750.....and two off camera flashes, one being the YN 568 EX N and the other being an SB700 (Both on a Yongnuo`s i-TTL YN622N Transceivers). I have set up both the channels as A & 1. They both work fine in manual, BUT, I was wondering if anyone knows if their is a possible way to control the output of the flash from the YongnuoYN-622N-TX i-TTL Wireless Flash Controller on camera, rather than having to set the YN 568 EX N`s flash output by hand? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I use a set up of the 622N-TX
and my flashes SB-700s, SB-800s are each on 622N.

Each flash is just set to a normal setting as if it was on top of the camera but they are on the 622N triggers.
And I control them from the TX with no issues.
I'll have to check for specifics but I've never have had a problem adjusting the intensity from the TX

You will have to make sure that you are using the Groups and Channel correctly with each 622N.

Thanks for the reply astroNikon, by normal setting, do you mean you just have the flashes set on and in manual mode? So you can control the intensity of each flash at different outputs from the TX? I must be doing something else wrong as I set the channels and groups as well! It's a bit frustrating because I could control the flash output from the Tx to my sb700 before. Now I have two flashes, it doesnt seem to work. I must have pushed a button wrong somewhere! Arrrr, back to trying to solve it... Thanks so much for the reply Cheers Jed.

If you put the flash in Manual mode then it will ignore all requests for setting changes, and will only trigger (flash).

the flash should just be in TTL mode and in the ON position (not REMOTE or MASTER).

On the 622N trigger, if you press the GP/MODE button on the right the light on the left indicate the Channel (C1, C2, C3) and the light on the right indicates the Group (A, B, C)

The TX unit you have the 3 Groups A B C
You can selected between the groups pressing the Group button (top left)
Then press the MODE button (just to the right of the GROUP button) to put it in M - MANUAL mode.
The Manual mode lets you control exactly what intensity (1/1, 1/2, down to 1/128)

As you use the GROUP button to change the GROUPs of A B C you use the dial pad (the 4 circular buttons with the one button in the middle). You will use the left and the right ones to adjust the intensity from 1/1 to 1/128 - 1/1 1/2 1/4 1/8 1/16 1/32 1/64 1/128

If you just press the TEST button it should flash the flash on the 622N Trigger. Just test it from 1/1 and 1/128. The 1/128 should be a quick flash, and the 1/1 should produce a very bright flash and you'll hear the flash tube go off.

Here you can see my TX (you can test everything off camera, so just have it in your hand or in front of you).
GROUP A is set to M(anual) at 1/128
Group B is set to Manual at 1/32
Group C is set to Manual at 1/1

In this configuration I'm controlling each GROUP of flashes at the setting shown. Group C is the Highest intensity flash, where as Group A is the lowest intensity Flash, and B is in the middle.

You can also see on the top right underneath the battery icon is the "C1" which is Channel 1. Each 622N trigger has to also be set to C1, which are the lights on the LEFT side of the trigger (C1 C2 C3).

image.jpg

Last edited:
The Trigger (which the flash is mounted on to)
is set to CHANNEL C1
and the GP/MODE (for the GROUP) is set to C

So this trigger will receive from the TX unit the 1/1 Intensity to trigger the flash
image.jpg

This is what my flash settings look like when on top of the 622N Trigger.

Set the Flash to TTL
If you set it to Manual it will ignore the intensity (1/1 - 1/128) from the TX unit and only trigger (flash) at whatever setting the flash is set to.

On the ON button it should be ON (not Remote or Master).

image.jpg

Last edited:
You can use the TEST button on the TX unit - you can just have it in your hand - and change the intensity and press the TEST button and you should see a difference as you change settings, especially between 1/1 and 1/128 on the trigger. All changes should be done on the TX unit.

You can just practice this with the flash on the trigger sitting in front of you,
and the TX unit in your hand and use the TEST button.

If you have three flashes, and three 622N Triggers
each flash can be on a trigger with each trigger a different GP (Group) A B C
and on the TX, as shown you can have each a different intensity. and when you press TEST you'll see that each flash at different intensities.

set up your 2 flashes on GROUP A & B on the 622N
and on the TX set one to 1/1 and the other to 1/128
press TEST and you should see them flash and see a wide difference in the light output.

Thank you so much for your amazingly informative response, you are a legend! I really appreciate your kind help astroNikon! Have a great day!!

Most reactions

Back