in solitude

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One of my newest images, taken with the aid of my new Promaster 7500 flash. I was going for a cold, desloate feeling. Marge and I went out to the beach on a cold day, knowing that nobody would be there, so we could walk alone and enjoy the crisp cool air.

in_solitude.jpg

Let me know what you think :)

very nice. can't help wonder how it would look if you had included her feet.

love the tones, especially in her face. much post work?

Thanks Jon. The original photo does include her feet. I cropped them out, because she was wearing bright red sneakers, and I felt it detracted from the shot. The post work was just in color balancing and saturation, and there is a gradiated hue adjustment to make the top half more bluish, fading to full color at the bottom. Also burned the edges for the vignette.

Digital Matt said:
Thanks Jon. The original photo does include her feet. I cropped them out, because she was wearing bright red sneakers, and I felt it detracted from the shot. The post work was just in color balancing and saturation, and there is a gradiated hue adjustment to make the top half more bluish, fading to full color at the bottom. Also burned the edges for the vignette.
That's real nice PS work, Matt. I like the coloring and the vignetting, and I bet you'll enjoy this shot for a very long time. :)

My only nitpick - and it's a minor one - is the almost oversharpened look of the tiny white highlights that are scattered about the background. They're bright enough to catch my eye and cause a bit of distraction from the subject.

Minor, really, in an otherwise very nicely edited-for-drama image. :thumbup: I like her pose.

Thanks photo gal and thanks Terri! :)

You are right about the oversharpened look. I think I'll have to re-develop a tiff from the raw with no sharpening for the background areas. I accidentally shot this on ISO 400, when I really could have gotten away with at least 200, if not 100 since I was using a flash.

Thanks again everyone :)

Excellent Matt!!! Thanks for sharing your PS process as well...you've done an excellent job with this one :)

I love how crisp it is, the colors are wonderful...you are gifted from what I'm seeing....

I love it.

if you have one....I'll like to see a close up of her face, she has an interesting expression

Beautiful work! Well composed, great color. The gradient hue adjustment is very well done. The only thing I don't like about this is the vingetting, I find it distracting somehow. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back