INDEPENDENT ARTIST PHOTOGRAPHER, AS A PROFESSIONAL WHAT CAN YOU ADVICE

Last edited:

Last edited:
Hasselblad H4D Digital SLR at about $40,000

You will take great photos and have great photos taken of you. Seriously do it.

Last edited:

Last edited:
I'm quite confuse now, what's the best camera for capturing picture to be put on a fashion magazine.

For fashion magazine work, you want a MF (medium format) camera although it could depend on its print quality. In your later posts you mention other types of photography so, it seems to me, you need to first figure out what it is you will be doing. Billboards probably would better be shot with a LF (large format) camera. But they cost an arm and a leg. What clients do you have? What kind of money will you charge? There are all kinds of questions to ask yourself and answer before deciding which format and which camera.

I went with Hassy because I had one before and I loved it but the other brands are not far behind and more affordable. Also, I hear there are some MF cameras coming soon that would be quite a bit cheaper. Might be worth hanging on a bit longer if you are not in a rush.

More importantly, you don't sound like you know much about photography yet. If I'm wrong, sorry. But if i'm correct, you may want to start with a cheaper DSLR to learn with.

+1

Bought one of their "last year's model" (only 30 some MP) but I just love Hasselblad.

Any chance of seeing some shots from it, i bet they are stunning

Not for a while yet. Sorry. I was in Europe for just a short while and only shot some BS shots to make sure everything worked correctly. Nothing I would show in public :D

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back