please let me know what you think!

IMG_1647.jpg

2. window
IMG_1693.jpg

3. an old abandoned village
IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

thanks!

I'm not sure. I like the first one, but the person at the bottom is a bit distracting

ah thanks! should be a quick fix..
i cropped the people out this time

IMG_1647-1.jpg

I like #2 the best, i think a little PP would do it justice.

Overall i think you should have looked for a different angle/perspective, maybe got a little closer and captured more detail for the other shots.. just trying to emphasize the features of what it is your photographing.. i know it's difficult and sometimes we can only do what we can.

You should maybe try playing with #2 to make it 'pop'!

the new cropped #1 is much better! i like it.

thanks!
could you just elaborate a bit about what PP to try out? my photoshop skills are quite nonexistent...

My photoshop skills are very limited as well. I was just thinking along the lines of levels, contrast, saturation, maybe slight colour adjustment, sharpening (unsharp mask or smart sharpen i don't know which is better).. it might just make it stand out more.. but the more i look at it the more i like it as it is anyway lol..

A lot of my photos turn out much better after these adjustments in photoshop, very few come out that don't benefit from a little PP.

It says your Photos are OK to edit so i gave it a little 5 minute try.. don't know if it's an improvement but it gives you an idea..

IMG_1693-pp.jpg

wow! i love that!!!

You captured some nice detail in 2, I like that.
The rubble that once was a village doesn't say much to me. Compositionally, they suffer from having the horizon line fairly close to the middle, dividing the frames into two almost equal parts, and you had to photograph against the light, which blew out your skies. So the top part is just white and all uninteresting. Maybe, if you had tried to leave as much sky OUT of those two photos as you could possibly have done...?

The bike in the last is also a bit distracting. It looks like you overlooked it was there, does not look like a delibereate second subject.

wow! i love that!!!

Hope you didn't mind me doing it. Glad you like it though, afterall, you did all the hard work and captured it.. the detail was all there just needed a little PP to make it stand out.

I like 3 and 4.
thanks!

You captured some nice detail in 2, I like that.
The rubble that once was a village doesn't say much to me. Compositionally, they suffer from having the horizon line fairly close to the middle, dividing the frames into two almost equal parts, and you had to photograph against the light, which blew out your skies. So the top part is just white and all uninteresting. Maybe, if you had tried to leave as much sky OUT of those two photos as you could possibly have done...?

The bike in the last is also a bit distracting. It looks like you overlooked it was there, does not look like a delibereate second subject.
ah that all makes a lot of sense.. i have no idea what i was trying to go for with the last shot? i'm pretty sure i wanted the bike to be there, i just don't quite know why anymore.. lol
anyway, thanks a lot for your feedback! i wish i could go back and re-shoot... haha

Hope you didn't mind me doing it. Glad you like it though, afterall, you did all the hard work and captured it.. the detail was all there just needed a little PP to make it stand out.
not at all, it looks great! thanks for your help!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back