Industrial Mountainside

Aloicious

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographywild.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a shot I took of an industrial area on the side of a mountain on my way home from work the other day. it came out okay, nothing overly special but thought I'd share anyways. my time has been stretched way too thin lately so I'm just trying to enjoy any time I can be shooting even if it's just stopped on the side of the freeway for a couple seconds.

135mm f4.0 1/800

factory_zpsddd2a570.jpg~original

I think there's much more interest in the front/side-lit mountains in the lines and shadows, rather than the complex. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, but when that's all you see, one freakin' mountain is the same as all the rest.

More than one thing in a photo to look at isn't a bad thing. I kind of like it.

Thanks everyone. I pass this thing most every day. I took my zeiss 135 with me that day and figured why not stop and take a couple shots here and there on the way home. I was trying to play with lines/perceived lines here, with the mountainside sloping from top left to bottom right, and the layout of the factory buildings opposite that (bottom left to top right) kind of thing. I've been needing to resuscitate my eye looking for images and such as I've been stuck looking at the mundane of my other work a bit too much recently.

every time I use the 135, I'm pretty amazed at everything about it, especially it's resolving ability. The lens itself is a work of art, the reviews about it aren't wrong.

here's a 100% crop from this shot, I'm at least a couple miles away from the factory/mountainside and it's still pulling fairly fine detail from shrubs, and power lines, etc...

factory100_zps13249297.jpg~original

factory1_zpsab5246c3.jpg~original

I'm going to try and do some astrophotography with in in a couple weeks provided the cloud cover cooperates, so I'm looking forward to that.

Last edited:
Really, really cool photo. I love it. And the detail in that crop is just unbelievable! Mind = blown.

Sent from my iPhone

Most reactions

New Topics

Back