Insecurity

Well after reading that, I say good on Microsoft. That's why they have these clauses in their contracts - to stop their information leaking out. And if someone is stupid enough to sign a contract like that and then go and work for another company - when they know it's a part of their contract, then they deserved to get sued. It was a part of his contract and that's that.

I reckon it's more of a publicity stunt by google than anything. Google must've offered this Dr Lee guy something pretty good to risk getting sued. Wonder what it was???

MS was a bit late to spot the true potential of the search engine business.
These clauses are merely excuses to play the games! :)

Do not mistake, I admire him as an entrepreneur/visionary. It is just the monopolistic tendancy that I don't quite agree with.

I can only give my uneducated view on topics like this. I have only worked for small Graphic Arts and Photography studios. I have no idea what goes on in the corporate world. But...

Dr lee's move is a strong one to say the least. Seems to me he knows that Google is what Microsoft was. Developers at Google are writing the internet. Microsoft is just trying to keep their head above water. The gang at Google is aggressive. They set precedents when their stock (finally) hit the NYSE. Google News came under fire for not crediting sources. That case lasted a mere 14 hours and now all sources are credited.

A game of chess comes to mind. I trust none of these events are accidental. Google will come out smelling like a Rose.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back