Inserting a new background...

digital_ems_techie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.charlesphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I tried a search but I either wasn't useing the right key words or I'm just blind...

I have some portrait photos shot against a chroma key green background. I have use the extract filter to delete the background (works to a varying degree). I want to insert a background that I have as a .jpg but can't quite seem to figure it out. Anyone have any suggestion?

Yep,

Open the background and the image in PS. Create a new layer above the background. Switch to the other image and use the magic wand tool to select the C-Key background. Go to Select and choose invert selection. Copy and then switch to the other image and paste as a new layer and move around until it's right. Then choose appropriate blending options for the layer and merge them.

Rob

If you have your subect "extracted" from the background already, just paste in your new background on a layer underneath your subject.

You've got to think of layers like transparencies, stacked on top of one another. If your subject is on a transparency the size of your document, and is cut out, everything around the subject would be clear, or transparent, and if you put something underneath that sheet, it would only show around your subject. Once you understand layers, it will open up photoshop to you.

be warned tho.. doing such makes your images look very fake.. like this one ive done..

ive spent another 2 hours on it since this stage and its getting there..

this was afer around, 15mins editing..

ill post the final one up soon.. but im busy at the moment.

chroma key is best suited for studio work where you can control the light... If you try to use an image with a background that has the wrong light angle it will never work at aleast will be very tough to make it look good... If you know where in you back ground where your light is coming from.

Thanks everyone. Sorry for the dealy in that, but my computer crashed...again! ugh :grumpy:

I've tried to control the light, but I actaully found my biggest problem is that I used a green background with a blonde young lady. Those colors did not mix to well. I am going to try again with a blue or black background and see how that works.

Server, I actually like what you did with that background. It looks great.

Most reactions

Back