is it hot anywhere else but here?

My Mom always has the cool air on and I sit at home in the basement, so I'm always freezing!.. When I want to warm up, I just go outside. It's a lot better than winter, when it's always cold. :p

oh come on!!!! it is 13 C, and raining and stormy all the time!!! I need sun! I need warm!!

Aoide said:
Hmm.... let's see. Mid-90's all week. Humidity 53% currently and heat index over 100. But it is *always* like that here in June and it gets worse for July and August.

Of course I had to turn to the weather channel to get that information. Houstonians joke that we are the most air conditioned city. Allison, I can't even imagine being without air conditioning. Then again.... I would probably not do so well in the snow.

Mmmm.. I love Texas...:hail:

103 degrees today. What's this "humidity" thing??:mrgreen:

JonMikal said:
right now i would trade with you or ferny!

Current Nearest Observations:
cloudy 53°F
S (6 mph)
Relative Humidity (%): 99,
Pressure (mB): 1014, Falling,
Visibility: Good

Observed: Wed 15/06/2005 at
0300 (GMT)
Distance from this location to the weather station: 4.7(km)

You sure? It's pissing down right now and I'm debating whether or not to take the dogs out. Everytime I look out of the window the rain gets heavier. :mrgreen:

Mitica100 said:
103 degrees today. What's this "humidity" thing??:mrgreen:
"humidity" The stuff in the air that keeps you from breathing in the texas heat and stops your persperation from doing any good cuaseing it to feel like 300 times warmer than it really is. If you stay in it to long you will look like :er:

karissa said:
"humidity" The stuff in the air that keeps you from breathing in the texas heat and stops your persperation from doing any good cuaseing it to feel like 300 times warmer than it really is. If you stay in it to long you will look like :er:

that pretty much sums it up!

Yup. I've got to stand next to a covered pool tomorrow. I hate having to do that. You can't breathe, you try to cover up the sweat patches you're sure you have... :grumpy:
Still, it'll only be 68 tomorrow so it won't be too bad.

The humidity in Mississippi is pretty freakin unbearable. You can actually feel the difference when trying to open a door to go outside- it pushes against you. And when you open your car door after it's been melting in a parking lot all day...it burns your clothes off when it escapes. I miss winter already. I just wish Mr. Burns would bring his massive sun blocking screen to my town. Thank mankind for inventing climate controlled enviros.

Well lets see..... nope, not hot here..just normal..... 99 percent humidity and temps in the 90's..... that's the sub-tropical environment though....

doesn't sound bad until you realize we hit 90 in april and stay there until october... unless we have a tropical storm or hurricane, that usually cools it off to the 80's...

SWFLA1 said:
Well lets see..... nope, not hot here..just normal..... 99 percent humidity and temps in the 90's..... that's the sub-tropical environment though....

doesn't sound bad until you realize we hit 90 in april and stay there until october... unless we have a tropical storm or hurricane, that usually cools it off to the 80's...

:lol: wait...that's not funny. ;) I feel yer pain. You guys do have a real hard time of it too. I get sick of people always assuming since we are from the south we are acclimated to hot weather...no people, we do have air conditioning and we use it- a LOT! now granted, ice tea and a shade tree do kick much booty but there's nothing like a ice cold beer and a ceiling fan to make my afternoon:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back