Is "manhole" the correct english word? by Pascal Riben

They really are called manholes over here in the UK!

The feminists have been trying to get the general usage of the term changed. I don't know what else one would call them.

The feminists have been trying to get the general usage of the term changed. I don't know what else one would call them.

Holey Cap.

Bangkok, Thailand - CLICK THE PICTURE!

Nice concentration of them here. by itself it is a curiosity, must be a maze underneath. :lol:
Nice catch Pascal, you noticed it well.
Actually what we see here are manhole covers, holes are below them. It also has another, more technical name: "inspection chamber".

Womanhole does not have the same ring to it

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

So you are saying you like manholes better?

Nice concentration of them here. by itself it is a curiosity, must be a maze underneath. :lol:
Actually what we see here are manhole covers, holes are below them. It also has another, more technical name: "inspection chamber".

From a land surveyors point of view we call them manholes. Those seem to be electric or steam. The other thing that is most likely is they all are in groups that access the same underground utility(1 large opening with a lot of access)

From a land surveyors point of view we call them manholes. Those seem to be electric or steam. The other thing that is most likely is they all are in groups that access the same underground utility(1 large opening with a lot of access)

So why do they need so much access if it is just one opening. There are NINE .. emm.. personholes.

Most reactions

Back